2nd Annual NOVA IAP Picnic

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Draken

Here's the latest on the picnic. If anyone else wants to attend, please send me an email and I'll gladly add you to the list.

There are 21 confirmed attendees, and we will have demos/info sessions/hands on sessions on the following topics:
--Multi start tap and die thread cutting
--Finish turning dried bowl rough-out (roughed out at the picnic last year)
--Pressure Pot plumbing
--Mandrel-less turning (dead center turning)
--Fountain pen care and nib adjusting

It should be a fun filled afternoon! Looking forward to reconnecting with folks from last year's picnic and meeting some new folks.

Cheers!

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Draken

Woo Hoo, 1000 posts!!! But I digress....

Two weeks to go, 24 fine folks signed up to attend. Any body else interested in joining us? Don't regret not going after you see the photos from the picnic, a great time will be had by all, and lots of great food too! PM me if you want to attend.

Draken

Originally posted by low_48

Draken,
Drop me a private email with your address and I'll send out some blanks for a door prize.

Rich

I need to send out a huge Thank you to Rich (low_48) for the incredible selection of blanks he sent to be used as a door prize for the picnic. He sent so many blanks, I was able to make 5 door prizes, which each one containing at least 20 blanks! Rich, your generosity is amazing and truly appreciated! His willingness to share with others is one of the reasons the IAP is a great group. My three year old daughter had a great time helping me sort out the blanks and put them into piles for the 5 prizes. :D

Draken

Sounds good, can't wait. Let me know what you need at my end in terms of warming/cooking/preparing the ribs so I can make sure everything is in place. :)

BigRob777

James,
I finally worked out the details with Claudia. We will drive down on Saturday, to make it to the picnic. Thanks so much for the invitation. Now, what can we bring?
Rob

mdburn_em

Dang, this sounds like too much fun. I may not make it this year, but you can pencil me in for next year. The wife and I are going to move to Chesapeake later this year.

Draken

Originally posted by BigRob777

James,
I finally worked out the details with Claudia. We will drive down on Saturday, to make it to the picnic. Thanks so much for the invitation. Now, what can we bring?
Rob

Glad to hear that, looking forward to seeing both of you. We had one cancellation so far, so how about some form of dessert, as that is what Michael had signed up for.

I'll be sending out the last update sometime today.

Cheers!

BRobbins629

Passed Away Dec 28, 2021
In Memoriam
James - Once again we had a great time at the annual event. It was great to see the old friends and make some new ones. The food, conversation and door prizes were great. Enjoy the new lathe - its a beauty. Already looking forward to next year.

Draken

I had a great time, and I want to thank everyone who attended, hope you had a good time as well. Thanks to the fine folks who donated prizes for the door prize drawings, Low_48, Blind_Squirrel and Chuck Key and congratulations to all of the door prize winners. Both Bruce and Ken took some photos so hopefully some will get posted up soon. Thanks to everyone who gave a demo as well, I'm sure we all learned something. ;)

I also want to send out a special thank you to my wife Shelli who help was invaluable in the setting up and execution of the picnic. She and Maureen took over the cooking duties this time so I could spend more time socializing in the shop. [8D]

We expect to host this event again next year, so be sure to keep your eyes out for the announcement early in 2009!

Cheers!

We had a blast!

Thanks to James and Shelli for hosting the event. It was great to get together with everyone to share knowledge and swap stories. The people and food could not be beat! Looking forward to next year.

Top Bottom