29.5 chapter meeting stonepecker visit

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

southernclay

Hey everyone, we will be meeting up tomorrow 3/9 at 630 PM at the Longhorn in Buford at 20/Mall of GA Blvd. Our friend stonepecker (Wayne) is in town so if anyone can come out please post here or PM me. If we get a decent number of folks coming I'll see about getting reservations. Traffic in that area can be a little tricky so if you run a little late no problem, we can always BS in the parking lot for a few minutes prior. Kent has confirmed as well.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

mark james

IAP Collection, Curator
Shoot, you guys are tough!!! :eek:

Mark you're bringing The Collection back down right? : ) maybe one day!

Kent I'm sure you noticed Perry won a pressure pot, he should be able to do a casting demo.

Actually, that is the plan!!! I will be following the chapter meeting lists and see when it fits in with some other chapters.

Don't be surprised if I can make a meeting in the next 12 months! (I HAVE to go back to the shop in Savannah!!!).

Mark

stonepecker

This chapter does cooking demos? I am going to have a great time. lol

The truth of the matter is I was ready to talk with everyone at 6:30 AM. There was a little miscommunication between me and Warren. It was my mistake, but I got to watch the sun rise over the parking lot.
I will be there again later today........going to have to take a peek in that Mall.

I will see one and all tonight !!!

southernclay

Well we had a great time, Wayne waited in the parking lot from 6:30 am until 6:30 pm, very patient man! : )

Wayne it was awesome meeting you, you're a good and funny guy, you've good a great heart and proud to call you a friend. I hope to take you up on the fishing offer one of these years! Have a safe trip back and thanks for including us on your adventure.

TonyL

Stuart and I were 8 miles away, but the traffic wasn't moving. We regret having to turn around. Sorry we missed you guys.

stonepecker

I have a lot to be thankful for in my life. Warren and Kent you have just added to the list. The times spend with you last night will always be in my memory of the good things in my life.
Tony, I don't blame you one bit for turning around. I have found out three things in the time I have been in Ga. 1) You don't need a license plate on the front of your car. 2) Speed limits signs are just a suggestion. 3) The cops won't pick you up if your break lights are not in working order. Question? Is there a discount for the cars when you buy them without break lights? LOL
I will say to anyone that if you are in the Atlanta area and have the time......contact the local turners here. The time you spend with them we be well spent.

Thank you Warren and Tony for the gifts and for the exchange of woods. I am sure I am the one that came out ahead.

The trip is starting to turn around. Looking at the maps and planning my return to the frozen north very soon. I will be very sorry to leave here. It has been great.

reddwil

Wayne it was an absolute pleasure breaking bread with you last night and spending the afternoon today with you and Jerry. You are welcome back anytime. Safe travels.

Oh, I'm surprised you did not mention or notice that turn signals are not installed on cars in Atlanta.

Thanks for your visit my friend.

TonyL

Safe trip home.
I lived in NYC and LI for 44 years, believe me, Atlanta traffic is like Disney World compared to what I have dealt with. I had planned to leave my home earler, but I wanted my friend who introduced me to penturning almost 2 years ago today to join us...and he was late coming from an appointment. I like penturning, but I love meeting these fine folks and sharing ideas and stories with the people.

stonepecker

Just want you to know that some friends of mine and I were discussing the Georgia Chapter this weekend. I hope that your ears were burning Warren.
And Kent? The pictures of your cave were the talk for most of the afternoon. Yes, we are all rednecks too!

I am so looking forward to a return trip.......hopefully, with a little more time to spend with the GA Turners. Thank you again for the memories.

Last edited:

reddwil

Wayne it was great having you. Glad you like my cave or as the wife calls it " The Dead Animal Room". I had to sneak another one in over the weekend. She might kill me but the taxidermist Loves me.

stonepecker

You know you are a Redneck when........

"You taxidermist bill is higher then your monthly house payment."
"Your nickname with your taxidermist is 'easy money'.....LOL"
"The biggest fish in your "man cave" belongs to your daughter."

and you are laughing at this because you know it is true about most of your friends... and not just about you.

reddwil

You know you are a Redneck when........

"You taxidermist bill is higher then your monthly house payment."
"Your nickname with your taxidermist is 'easy money'.....LOL"
"The biggest fish in your "man cave" belongs to your daughter."

and you are laughing at this because you know it is true about most of your friends... and not just about you.

Had to throw that last one in there didn't you. You should of went ahead and added that she was 6 when she caught it.

stonepecker

Had to throw that last one in there didn't you. You should of went ahead and added that she was 6 when she caught it.

Now Kent,
It isn't my place to brag about your daughter. But I did give you agreat opening to tell everyone. And I did see how proud she was when you started talking about that fishing trip. Maybe she should come up here (to Minnesota) seeing she know how to get them and keep them.

The memories always make me smile.

Top Bottom