28th Chapter Meeting

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

reddwil

Our 28th Meeting will be held Saturday, September 26th, 2015 At our wonderful host facility, Woodcraft.

Our very own long time member Mr. Ben Kelly has graciously volunteered to do a demo of the Pen Wizard. I know a lot of folks will love it. Me for one!!

If anyone would like to do the afternoon Demo, Just let me know. Any suggestions would be great.

Red

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

ndonghia

Red,
Can anyone attend? I am a member of the IAP but have not attended any meetings.
Thanks,
Nick

reddwil

Our next meeting is quickly approaching. We still need another demo. If anyone has any ideas or would like to volunteer, please let me know.

Anyone who would like to do PITH, bring your pen.

I will no longer do PITH's as mine seem to show up on ETSY as the sellers own creation. which to me kinda defeats the purpose of the PITH.

Look forward to see everyone.

southernclay

Pen Wizard will be cool. Maybe a buffing demo? I've about got the shop setup so hopefully I can learn how to make pens again!

About the PITH, any themes or bring whatever we have?

Finally that seems pretty crazy that someone would sell a pen they got in a PITH, although you are the man, kinda like the Monet of the pen world so could bring big $$$! Lol
So why would you punish the rest of us by not having a chance at one of your creations? Wouldn't the person selling the pen be excluded for not being in the spirit of the swap? Not to step on toes but makes more sense to me.

reddwil

Warren, Monet of the Pen world....WOW Really. Not even close!!

No theme, unless someone wants to come up with one quick. We can discuss a theme for the next meeting since it will be at christmas

In my opinion, A PITH, is an opportunity to have a special pen made with pride and hard work by a fellow craftsman, regardless of his or her skill level. Every pen I have ever received in a PITH or as a gift, goes in my display cabinet along with a card of who made it. I would never sell one of them. To me that is just plain disrespectful and profiting off someone else's time and hard work.

As for me, i will give it some though, you are correct, its not fair to those who truly appreciate the true meaning of a PITH.

southernclay

I thought you'd like the Monet : )

Totally agree with you! The few pens I do have from others are going to be displayed along with a few of mine at my office. To each their own I guess but I don't have any interest swapping with anyone who wouldn't feel the same. Not to step on whoevers toes but don't want that happening to anyone else.

reddwil

We are in desperate need of another Demo. As much Talent as we have in the group surely someone can come up with something. The buffing Request is still out there Also

reddwil

Since we don't have an afternoon demo. One of our members thought it might be a good idea to bring in your homemade jigs that you may use for pen making and wood turning in general. Sounds like it could very beneficial to a lot of folks. I can think of a few that would make my life easier. Thoughts

Looking forward to a great day with good friends. See y'all Saturday.

southernclay

Good to see everyone yesterday. Ben thanks for the Pen Wizard demo! Perry great swapping pens with you, you did a great job on it.

Hopefully I'll make the December meeting.

papaturner

It was a great meeting.Always good to see everyone and the new things folks are working on.
Thanks Ben for the great demo and Kent for the outstanding job as the "chief".
Sorry Warren but I think I got the better end of the trade. You do a great job with all your pens.

Top Bottom