27 JAN - IAP 2008 BIRTHDAY BASH TRIVIA CONTEST

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

DocStram

Welcome to the 27th day of this year's IAP TRIVIA CONTEST</u>.
All entries "postmarked" before noon tomorrow will be placed in a hat and two winners selected for every contest. Winners will be the first two entries selected that are valid and have the correct answer to the contest question.
The winners will be announced by 10 P.M. ET tomorrow and the decision of the TRIVIAMEISTER will be final.
Please be sure to include your IAP screen name with your answer so we know who you are.

!!!!!***HAVE FUN AND GOOD LUCK***!!!!!

The question for day 27 is a fastball . . .

According to this Japanese religion, the Tree Spirit gave its life so that paper could be made. Thus, out of respect for the tree spirit, origami is always folded . . . it is never cut.

Name the Japanese religion that professes almost every living thing, including trees, possesses a spirit?

IMPORTANT: YOUR IAP SCREEN NAME MUST BE INCLUDED WITH YOUR ANSWER!!

Note: "Laundry list" entries that include more than one possible alternative answer are "NOT" acceptable. Submit only one answer per question or question part(if there is a multi-part question) unless the question specifically asks for multiple answers. Thanks.

Good luck!!

Email your answer to: 2008bashtrivia@penturners.org

You MUST show the date and name of the contest in the title block of the email i.e., 27 Jan Trivia.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

rcarman

WOW! 6:30AM post you are a "morning" person and I am the first loser [xx(]to post this morning. heh heh. Hillary may want to join our "Losers Society".:D

PenWorks

HHmmmmm... I would have submitted an answer but, the last topic I posted to was locked.
I thought we could not talk politics and religion on this site. :D

Ron Paul :)

DocStram

Whoaaaa . . . looks like we're going to be playing Blank the Trivia Meister .... or rather ... Blank the Mods.

Let's get the ship back on course . . . or, as they say, "let's get the blank back on the lathe".

Originally posted by DocStram

Originally posted by rcarman

WOW! 6:30AM post you are a "morning" person and I am the first loser [xx(]to post this morning. heh heh. :D

I'm what you call a "Full-Service" Trivia Meister! :D:D

I think a "Full-Service" Trivia Meister would be serving coffee and doughnuts with that question.

IPD_Mrs

Originally posted by Proud_Poppa_of_2

Originally posted by DocStram

WOW! 6:30AM post you are a "morning" person and I am the first loser [xx(]to post this morning. heh heh. :D

I'm what you call a "Full-Service" Trivia Meister! :D:D

I think a "Full-Service" Trivia Meister would be serving coffee and doughnuts with that question.

That's an easy question - but I'll take a doughnut :)

As for this not relating to wood .. any of you that have ever looked at a pen blank and have seen a "picture" in it (or a bowl etc) have seen this in action .. that is considered the release of the tree spirits.

[:X] Mrs.

DozerMite

Banned
I think I got it.

Where is my doughnut?

Sprinkles... it has to have sprinkles.[:p]

rcarman

Well to tie this question back..... Shortly after the discovery of paper, having become bored with finger painting, Leonardo de Penchetta discovered a way to keep your finger clean and began selling writing sticks. Penchetta's sticks were everywhere. Everyone wanted a "pen". Soon wood scraps were being openly traded, pen making classes were everywhere, it was the buzz of the country. Some of the old timers began to think "wouldn't it be nice to have a place to discuss what we have discovered"....... The rest is history of course.

DocStram

Well to tie this question back..... Shortly after the discovery of paper, having become bored with finger painting, Leonardo de Penchetta discovered a way to keep your finger clean and began selling writing sticks. Penchetta's sticks were everywhere. Everyone wanted a "pen". Soon wood scraps were being openly traded, pen making classes were everywhere, it was the buzz of the country. Some of the old timers began to think "wouldn't it be nice to have a place to discuss what we have discovered"....... The rest is history of course.

You should enter that in Wikipedia! ;)

DocStram

Trivia Contest Winners</u>

Question: According to this Japanese religion, the Tree Spirit gave its life so that paper could be made. Thus, out of respect for the tree spirit, origami is always folded . . . it is never cut.

Name the Japanese religion that professes almost every living thing, including trees, possesses a spirit?

Answer: Either of the following responses is correct:
Shinto or Shintoism
Buddhism

Note: There were 68 responses for this question with 67 being correct.

The winners of the day 27 contest are:

airrat

and

gbusardo

And the prizes are:

Prize One - boxes mrcook4570

Prize Two - Pen Blanks from Woodlvr

*****CONGRATULATIONS*****

Note: Both winners need to go to Andrew Jordan's profile and email him with:

1. Name and date of the contest you won. (Example: Jan 27 Trivia)
2. Your mailing address and
3. Your prize preference. (If you both select the same prize, Andrew will flip a coin to determine who gets what.
4. Phone number.

I would like to remind each winner that the gift you will be receiving has been donated by a supporter of the IAP. Please take a minute to email a note of appreciation when you receive your prize. Thanks.

M

Mudder

Took a stab at nearly every trivia answer and have correctly answered most of them but my name seems to have been dropped on the floor instead of in the hat ;). Guess I'll have to join the losers club this year [V]

DocStram

Mudder .... Mudder ... Mudder ...... don't despair. You still have three days of suffering and torture to enjoy. All is not won .... there is still time to win ... errrr .. I mean lose. :D

Top Bottom