• Pen#6

Votes: 17 23.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

darrin1200

20th Birthday Bash
Advanced
Kit Pen Contest

We have a great selection of unique pens, from some unique makers.
Regular pen kits have been taken beyond the obvious, and now you must choose the best.
When considering your vote, look to the fit, finish and design. Not everyone is a photographer. LOL.
Of the six entries please choose your two favourite. The 3 with the most votes will take the podium.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

darrin1200

Pen#1

Title
: Credit card twist grows into full size Clicker
Base Kit Used: Credit card twist pen
Description: The challenge for me was to use parts from one style kit and make a pen that would not be recognized as the original base kit. I think that I achieved the goal. The finished pen is about 5 ½" long & not quite 7/16" diameter
The tip and top of a credit card twist kit used. All other components were abandoned. Components not made by me are the clicker, refill & spring
PSI acrylic blank and a white credit card as accent band
The section is tapered with grip grooves centered 1/20" apart

20advkit-1-1.jpeg

darrin1200

Pen#2

Title:
Base Kit Used
: Cigar
Description: The lowly cigar kit makes for a great opportunity to combine segmenting and kit modification. The woods here are curly maple and padauk. I replaced the nib ring, the center connector and the finial. In the kit they are all black. The center connector and the finial were turned down to allow a piece of padauk to be glued on and turned to size.

20advkit-2-2.jpeg20advkit-2-1.jpeg

Last edited:

darrin1200

Pen#3

Title
: Grain storm
Base Kit Used: Omega pen kit
Description: This is a modified omega rollerball made with olive wood. I removed the cap clip and finial threads in order to achieve a minimal look and emphasize on the wood grain. The pen is finished with walnut oil and pens plus.

20advkit-3-1.jpeg20advkit-3-2.jpeg20advkit-3-3.jpeg

darrin1200

Pen#4

Title
: Modified Magnetic Graduate
Base Kit Used: PSI Graduate Magnetic Rollerball - Chrome
Description: This is a modified Chrome Magnetic Graduate pen kit. The Cap and Clip Assembly, Lower Lower Cap and its Coupler from the kit were excluded. The Roller Tip and its Coupler and the Magnetic Band were used. The blank is Ambrosia Maple which was turned to feature closed ends. One Ambrosia Beetle hole was filled with black CA then the pen received a typical CA finish.

20advkit-4-1.jpeg20advkit-4-2.jpeg20advkit-4-3.jpeg

darrin1200

Pen#5

Title
: Triton Rollerball
Base Kit Used: Triton Rollerball
Description: Blank is maple burl with CA finish. I removed the silver centerband and finial and replaced them with the maple burl.

20advkit-5-1.jpeg20advkit-5-2.jpeg20advkit-5-3.jpeg

darrin1200

Pen#6

Title:
Looking steelish
Base Kit Used: Olmsted Ballpoint
Description: The base kit is a Berea HardWoods Olmsted ballpoint, the four accent and spacer rings substituted are shown in the first picture. Also substituted is the cabochon for the cap finial. The body and cap are dressed with an M3 Damascus blank (original version) I've had for a while. Finished with GluBoost.

20advkit-6	-1.jpeg20advkit-6-2.jpeg

Top Bottom