2021 BASH Puzzles Grand Prize Winners

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Edgar

New Member Advocate
Staff member
OK, After almost a month of anguish and frustration trying to solve this year's puzzles, we have finally completed 9 puzzles - some easy, some hard, and some downright diabolical. 67 of you entered at least one contest and 49 of you earned at least 1/2 point in the 9 contests, including 3 who earned 4 points and 3 who earned 5 points.

However, 6 players distinguished themselves from the rest of the pack by earning 6, 7, 9, and 10 points respectively. Here they are:

IN FOURTH PLACE WITH 6 POINTS WE HAVE:

RHOLIDAY (ROBERT HOLIDAY)

Robert wins a $25 Gift Certificate from Alumilite.

AND

RUDDERONLY (ROBERT GODWIN)

Robert wins a $25 Gift Certificate from Alumilite.

IN THIRD PLACE WITH 7 POINTS WE HAVE:

DEHN0045 (SAM DEHN)

Sam wins a $25 Gift Certificate from Craft Supplies USA.
(Sam also won a $25 Gift Certificate from Alumilite in the individual contest drawings.)

AND

KLJ (KEITH SIZEMORE)

Keith wins a $25 Gift Certificate from Alumilite.
(Keith also won a BOB from Jeff_in_AZ in the indvidual contest drawings.)

IN SECOND PLACE WITH 9 POINTS WE HAVE:

SOUTHERNCLAY (WARREN WELCH)

Warren wins a $50 worth of blanks from Mike Broberg.
(Warren also won a $25 Gift Certificate from Alumilite in the individual contest drawings.)

AND WITH 10 POINTS, OUR FIRST PLACE GRAND PRIZE WINNER IS:

BARRYE (BARRY ELINGS)

Barry wins a $50 worth of blanks from Displaced Canadian and a $25 Gift Certificate from Alumilite.
Barry also wins the title of "2021 BASH Puzzlemeister" and the right to include that title in his IAP Signature Line if he wishes.
(Barry also won another $25 Gift Cerfiticate fron Alumilite in the individual contest drawings.)

Congratulations to our 4 Grand Prize Winners and all of our individual contest winners, and thanks to all of our generous donors who make this and all other BASH contests possible. Your support is greatly appreciated.

Thanks also to all of you who participated in the puzzle contests this year. I hope you had some fun even if you didn't win a prize this year. I enjoyed being your host once again.

I tried to check all entries carefully (multiple times), but there were a total of 230 individual entries in these contests, so I cannot absolutely guarantee that I might not have made an inadvertent error. If you think that you earned 6 or more points, please let me know and i will review your entries. If I made a mistake, I will do my best to correct it.

Thanks for your participation.
Edgar

EDIT: My apologies to Keith (KLJ) and Robert (rudderonly). Somehow, I managed to miss an entry from each one of them. As a result, we actually had two people with 7 points and two people with 6 points. I have edited this post to correct those errors. Congratulations to both of you for joining the members on the winner's podium.

Last edited:
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

southernclay

Thanks Edgar! Appreciate it as always. We're in the middle of moving so this was my only participation in the bash so appreciate you doing it and making it fun as always.

Congrats to the other winners and thank you very much to the donors as well!

Dehn0045

Thanks Edgar! As always I had lots of fun with the puzzles. Searching for answers always helps me find new parts of IAP and sometimes rediscover old parts. Oh, and the prizes are nice too -- thanks donors!

BarryE

Congrats to all who entered a sometimes exasperating but always challenging contest :)

Learned many new (to me) IAP names. Thanks to Edgar for all of your time & effort...to the donors, much respect for being so invested in pen turners!!

Can't wait for more wood ID tests :oops:

Top Bottom