2018 IAP BASH Pretty Wood Pen Contest

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Brian G

In addition to the Universal Contest Rules, the following rules apply:

Blank Material

-Your blank material must be wood. No plastics, no composites, no metal, no casting, no mixed wood and plastics, nor any material other than wood is allowed.

-No embellishments to the blank are allowed. This means, for example, no inlay, onlay, overlay, stickers, oops bands, CNC, laser art, segmenting, lamination, celtic knots, burning, engraving, or carving is allowed and will cause disqualification.

-Stabilized wood is allowed.

-Dyes, stains, pigmentation, paints, or any other colorants are not allowed.

Pen kit/component hardware

-Any commercially available kit/component hardware may be used, whether ballpoint, fountain, or rollerball.

-No modification to the kit/component hardware is allowed. You must use all parts of the stock kit/component set.

-Kitless pens are not allowed.

Photographs

-Two photographs are required for entry. One photograph must be clip up, nib to the left. The second photograph must be clip up, nib to the right. This gives a view of both sides of the pen. If you do not abide by this constraint, you will be asked to resubmit photographs or risk disqualification.

-Please submit photographs of maximum 800 x 600. You should hit this mark, and you are responsible for cropping and sizing your photographs. If you don't meet this requirement, you will be asked to resubmit photographs or risk disqualification.

-You may use a commercially available, clear plastic pen stand as a prop.

-No other props are allowed.

-Use a single-colored, plain background. The color and intensity of the background affects the highlights of your pen. The background should let your pen stand out, not interfere with it.

-No montages, watermarks, borders or any other identifying marks that might reveal the identity of the maker.

To Enter

Submit your entry by email to: prettywoodpen@earthlink.net and include the following with your entry:

-Name, Username, email address,
-the pretty wood you chose to use (please, no stories)
-the two pictures required.

Do not post your entry in this thread

One entry per person

Please send a private message to Brian G after you submit your entry to help ensure that your entry has been received.

Entries for The Pretty Wood Contest will be accepted starting February 1, 2018, and ending February 19, 2018, at 11:59 p.m. Central.

Please post questions in this thread, by private message to Brian G, or by email to prettywoodpen@earthlink.net. I appreciate your patience as you wait for a response. I have limited forum access during business hours.

Get busy, good luck, and let us see your Pretty Wood Pen.

Prizes to be announced
Prizes
First -
Second -
Third -

stonepecker

I'm going to be picky with photos this time. I spent way too much time cropping and resizing in past contests.

Gee Brian,
What else have you got to do on these cold winter nights? It isn't like you can troll for Northern Pike. Maybe cut the grass? Pick the weeds from the garden?

I will do my best but hopefully, you will have a little pity for the old men of the IAP.

Maybe you should have a demo in your garage to show us how to......

I would bring the chile and crackers.
:biggrin:

Top Bottom