2018 Difficult to Write With Contest

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

mbroberg

IAP Activities Manager, Emeritus
Here we go again! Back by popular demand is the super creative, seriously silly, always fun

DIFFICULT TO WRITE WITH CONTEST

This is not a serious contest, although in many ways it may resemble one. It is a contest for serious penturners to make a not so serious pen. Don't be posting any masterpieces here. There are other, more boring contests for those. This is a fun contest that encourages a little out of the box or lose touch with reality thinking. This contest involves showing really strange looking things that are functional, yet difficult to actually use. And with that, the rules:

Please review the Universal Contest Rules.

1) Your entry must be a functional pen, i.e. if you were able to actually hold it, it would write.

2) You may submit up to two entries, although I can't imagine why you would want to admit being responsible for even one of these things, yet alone two!

3) Entries are submitted by email to Difficult.To.Write.With@penturners.org

A name for the pen and a story about how your wretched piece of uselessness came to be and at least one (1), but no more than three (3) photo(S) is required. Your entry must include your screen name, your real name and your mailing address. This is only for the purpose of awarding prizes. I will not post any identifying information here besides your screen name so everyone will know that YOU are responsible for a specific pen. Personally I really could not care less where you live but we need to know so we can ship you a prize if you win. We do not want to hunt for you if you win a prize!

4) Entries will be accepted from Thursday the 1st of February until Midnight Eastern time, on Friday the 16th of February. Winners will determined by member vote.

5) A poll will be posted on Saturday the 17th of February. All of the entered monstrosities will be listed. The polls will remain open for 72 Hours.

6) All entry images and comments become the property of the IAP, to use, or dispose of, as they wish.

7) All entries will be posted by me in this forum. You may notice that this forum is locked, and only I can post entries here. Have patience! I am not that fast.

Need some inspiration? Look at last year's entries.

Difficult To Write With Pen Prizes!

First- TBD
Second- TBD
Third- TBD

chartle

Will descriptions be included with the voting posting?

My entries may not work without a short one line explanation.

Ok I just reread the rules I think the description will be included.

mbroberg

IAP Activities Manager, Emeritus
Will descriptions be included with the voting posting?

My entries may not work without a short one line explanation.

Ok I just reread the rules I think the description will be included.

Yes, the description you provide will be posted with the picture.

Top Bottom