2018 BASH Pretty Wood Pen Contest Winners

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Brian G

First, thank you to all the entrants for submitting high quality, pretty wood pens. Second, thank you to the IAP membership for diligently voting. I'm especially thankful to the prize donors for their generosity.

===========================

Sixth Place: southernclay wins a JohnU ring neck pheasant blank set, Spalted Amboyna Burl Pen #9:

Pen9L.jpg

Congratulations, Warren!

============================

Fifth Place: KCW wins a $50 Gift card from Kallenshaan Woods, Buckeye Burl Pen #10:

Pen10L.jpg

Congratulations, Dan!

Fourth Place: MiteyF wins a $50 Gift card from hcpens, Spalted Maple Pen #8:

Pen8L.jpg

Congratulations, Mitch!

Third Place: greenmtnguy wins a $50 Gift card from George's Bits of Timber, Amboyna Burl Pen #12:

Pen12L.jpg

Congratulations, Alton!

Second Place: Leo S Long wins a Norseman Drill set from Mark James, Sequoia Burl Pen #37:

Pen37L.jpg

Congratulations, Leo!

First Place: SteveAxelrod wins a Magic Skew from T. Shadow and Co.,Norfolk Island Pine Pen #14:

Pen14L.jpg

Congratulations, Steve!

In the Random Draw:

SpecialV4213 wins the genuine Lou Metcalf Pretty Wood Pen
allunn wins the box of blanks donated by greenmtnguy
Loucurr wins the "IAP Drool Towel" donated by Mr. and Mrs. stonepecker

I will contact the winners and donors to arrange for prize distribution.

Round of applause to all!

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

SteveAxelrod

Thanks for doing a great job running the contest Brian! And thanks to everyone who took the time to look at 38 pretty wood pens and narrow it down to a few which they liked best. I entered the NFIP pen with the hopes that something other than a burl or spalted wood would get special notice. There were definitely some gorgeous burls to choose from and the second place entry was a beaut! I know the NFIP was pretty, but did you guys pick it because it was pretty or novel or both? In any event, thanks for the honor and congrats to everyone because every pen was a winner in my book!

Leo S. Long

Wow! Second place, I was geeked just to get to the second round. Thanks to everyone who voted, thanks to Brian for handling the contest. And Steve, I voted for your pen because it is beautiful and it spoke to me. Congratulations to all. There were a lot of beautiful pens.

Leo

Rounder

Thanks for doing a great job running the contest Brian! And thanks to everyone who took the time to look at 38 pretty wood pens and narrow it down to a few which they liked best. I entered the NFIP pen with the hopes that something other than a burl or spalted wood would get special notice. There were definitely some gorgeous burls to choose from and the second place entry was a beaut! I know the NFIP was pretty, but did you guys pick it because it was pretty or novel or both? In any event, thanks for the honor and congrats to everyone because every pen was a winner in my book!

I voted for this pen because it was a PRETTY WOOD PEN!!!:biggrin:

stonepecker

Thank you Brian for running this contest. It is always one of my favorites.

Thank you to the people that donated to this contest. The prizes are fantastic.

Most of all, Thank You to the people that entered this contest. Showing us the lovely woods and what can be done with a little time and skill is what inspires the rest of us. We have some wonderful artist here in the IAP. Pen boxes, pen holders, and other things we make show the levels of skills we all have. BUT, it is mother natures skills that we show here in this contest. Pretty woods and they way we use them is the heart of the IAP (in my opinion)

Congratulations to the winner. The bragging rights are well deserved by all of you.
Enjoy your prizes. This contest was one of the hardest for me to vote in. There are so many winners here.

Very well done Steve. You were right, the winner doesn't have to be a burl!

Dehn0045

Congrats to all the winners! Steve, I think the amazing bright colors and the deep rich brown of the NFIP you chose is what helped drive your votes, of course along with amazing photos and impeccable fit and finish. I'd be lying if I said that I wasn't disappointed about not making the top six, but against such incredible competition I am very happy with my 9th place finish (Texas Mountain Laurel). Even in the group that didn't advance to round 2 there are more than a handful of pens that I honestly think are better than mine. Anyway, it was a fun competition, I know that it brought out my best.

Thanks to all of the people and companies that donated prizes. And a special thanks to Brian for running a great competition.

KCW

Thank you to everyone involved in this contest! I am very happy to have placed 5th in a group of pens this amazing.

allunn

Thanks Brian for your continued success in running this wonderful contest. Congrats to Steve for his winning entry. To all of us other entrants keep up the good work and let's do it again next year.

Fred Bruche

Very appreciative for the opportunity of being part of the 2018 BASH, thank you Brian for your patience as I was trying to get the right set of pictures uploaded. I am learning a lot being a part of this community and I am looking forward to learning and possibly contribute, and progress for next time :) At least now I learned that I don't need to spend $ on the best possible amboyna burl to make it to the top :D

Fred

MiteyF

Wow! I'm honored to finish as well as I did. And thanks to all the voters and the amazing sponsors!

Brian G

Thank you all for the kind comments about running the contest. I enjoy doing it.

I'll follow up with the prize winners this weekend with arrangements for prizes.

SpecialV4213

I, like all the other participants would like to thank Brian. What an amazing undertaking. I didn't have high expectations for my entry when I saw these other entries. But if you don't take risks in life, what's the point. I also very much appreciate being selected for a Random drawing prize. Awesome!!!

GoodTurns

Lou would approve of all of these beauties! Congrats to all the winners. The Lou Metcalf pen is the last of them....will have to come up with something new for the next contest!

Top Bottom