2016 On Tube Casting Contest

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Mr Vic

Before I post my rules for review I have a question. I'm think this contest is about creating an awesome blank and not about making a pen. I would like to exclude the final pen assembly and have submissions photographed either with the bushings in place or bushing like black or white plugs.

Any thoughts on this either for or against?

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Mr Vic

Additional query, is there a generic entry form available? The threads I've followed error out..

Mr Vic

On Tube Casting Contest

The Tube-On Casting Contest will begin Feb. ??, 2016 and will endFeb. ??, 2016 at 11:59pm Mountain Standard. NO EXCEPTIONS! <?xml:namespace prefix = "o" ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:eek:ffice" /><o:p></o:p>

How to Enter:<o:p></o:p>

You must use the entry form provided when submitting your blank/s.Any blank/s posted to this thread or anyone revealing their work will be disqualified.<o:p></o:p>

Who Determines the Winners?:<o:p></o:p>

A members poll will be created for your peers to vote. Voting willbegin on Feb. ?? until Feb. ?? at 8 pm MST. The top 3 vote recipients will thenbe entered in the finalists poll which will begin Feb. ?? and end on Feb. ?? at11:59 pm EST. The winners will be revealed Feb. ??. <o:p></o:p>

Allcontestants must comply with the Universal Contest Rules inaddition to the following rules.

Rules for the Tube-On Casting Contest:

1 - The object of the contest is to create a pen blank attaching an object or objectsto a brass tube and then casting it in resin.

2 - The objects you attach can be made by any means. Once cast they may only be turned on a lathe to final dimensions.
3 – Your creation may be one blank for a single body style or two for a double body or body and cap style pen.
4 - This contest is about creating a blank/s and not a finished pen. Blanks must be turned and finished to final dimensions ready for assembly.
5 - Each submission must photographed with the bushings in place. Either paint your bushings black or white or turn mock bushings from a black or white material.
6 - To enter the contest you must use the entry form given. You may submit a maximum of 3 photographs.
7 - Your submission must include brief description of the materials and process used in the creation of the blank.
8 - Photographs should be on a plane background without props of any sort. A clear plastic pen stand is acceptable. Remember that you will be judged based on your photographs submitted.

Prizes

First: TBD

Second: TBD
Third: TBD

If there are any questions or concerns about your entry please contact me viaPM.
<o:p></o:p>

Last edited by a moderator:

mredburn

IAP Activities Manager
Staff member
The entry forms have been generated by Curtis in the past at the time of the Bash. He will provide the links necessary. You had some words that ran together I cleaned them up for you.

CREID

Before I post my rules for review I have a question. I'm think this contest is about creating an awesome blank and not about making a pen. I would like to exclude the final pen assembly and have submissions photographed either with the bushings in place or bushing like black or white plugs.

Any thoughts on this either for or against?

I decided to require pens being made in the one I am doing. I was told that it was my decision, so I would assume it would just be up to you.

Curt

mredburn

IAP Activities Manager
Staff member
Yes he has that option. We will be posting the rules for discussion the first of January. If we get a lot of feed back from the membership that they would rather it involved making a pen with the blank over just the blank we can address it at that time.

Top Bottom