2016 Bash - Trivia Contest Rule Review

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

alankulwicki7

Welcome to the 2016 Birthday BASH Trivia Contest.

In addition to the Universal Bash Guidelines, the contest rules are as follows:

This contest will run for 2 weeks (14 days) with an IAP or general pen turning trivia question being posted for your musing on a daily basis.

There is a limit of one entry per trivia question per member. Entry will be via email to (email address to be determined). The email is to contain your guess for the answer to that day's trivia question, your real first and last name, your IAP Screen name, and your email address. Invalid or multiple entries will be disqualified.

Here is a sample reply:

My answer for Feb 1 trivia is: d. oliver
John Doe
johndoerocks
johndoe at iamthebestattrivia dot com

All correct entries will earn 1 point. At the conclusion of the contest, the member with the most points wins. If there is a tie for the most points, the winner will be selected by random draw.

1st, 2nd and 3rd place prizes (depending on availability) will be awarded.

The prizes are to be determined.

If daily prizes are available in addition to the overall contest prizes, all correct entries for each puzzle will be entered into a random draw for a daily prize (typically a box of blanks). You may not win more than one daily prize during the trivia contest, but this will not affect your eligibility to win one of the overall contest prizes.

Please review for me!:)

Last edited:
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Monty

Group Buy Coordinator
So, assuming you have daily prizes and I win the first day, I can still submit answers the remaining 13 days to gain points for the big prize, but I will not be eligible to win another daily prize?

lyonsacc

So, assuming you have daily prizes and I win the first day, I can still submit answers the remaining 13 days to gain points for the big prize, but I will not be eligible to win another daily prize?

Correct. At least I think that's how it's been done in the past :)

I helped with this a couple of years ago. Back then we didn't have the big prize, just the daily prizes. Once someone won a daily prize they were out of the running for the rest of the month.

alankulwicki7

I just copied the rules from last year's trivia contest so I figured this was the way to go:) . I guess it would depend on the number of prizes available (or assigned to this contest).

I also noted that last year trivia was 7 days but Mike Redburn told me it was 14 days this year.

D.Oliver

I just copied the rules from last year's trivia contest so I figured this was the way to go:) . I guess it would depend on the number of prizes available (or assigned to this contest).

I also noted that last year trivia was 7 days but Mike Redburn told me it was 14 days this year.

Well to be fair, the guy running it last year was an idiot. Getting 7 days out of him was a miracle in itself.:eek:

Edgar

New Member Advocate
Staff member
That's also the format we used for the puzzle contest last year & I thought it worked out pretty well. Having a chance to compete for the larger prizes at the end helps to keep people interested & participating in the contest once they win a daily prize.

I plan to use that format in the puzzle contests again this year, which reminds me - I guess I need to post some rules pretty soon. :rolleyes:

Top Bottom