2014 Veterans Day Free Meals and Discounts

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

glenspens

http://themilitarywallet.com/http://themilitarywallet.com/http://themilitarywallet.com/

2014 Veterans Day Free Meals and Discounts :cool:

Updated: Oct. 25, 2014. Veterans Day is soon approaching and there are many restaurants and companies who want to thank our veterans by providing them with discounts or a free meal. To those companies offering veterans a free meal or discount, the military community gives a collective thanks!

Two notes before jumping in:
  • Proof of Military Service. Most companies require some form of military ID. These include: a Military ID Card (active/reserve/retired), Current Leave and Earnings Statement (LES), Drivers License with Veterans Designation, Photograph in uniform, be wearing uniform (if your service permits), Veterans Organization Card (e.g., American Legion and VFW), DD214, discharge paperwork, or other form of identification. Other restaurants and companies may go by the honor system.
  • Participation. Second, always call ahead to verify locations, times, and participation. Many of the listed companies are franchises and may have different policies. We will do our best to keep this page updated as we find new info.
2014 Free Veterans Day Meals

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

TonyL

I have almost completed watching the Kens Burns Series on WWII called The War.
It's on NetFlix, etc. I was always very appreciative and supportive of veterans, but this documentary really deepened my appreciation. I highly recommend it.

glenspens

Tony, i work around our troops every day most people just don't understand what they go through and put up with for very little pay ,but most of do it because they love it . i see people on facebook click like and most all say how they suport our troops, so last week i put up a post to see just how much thay would back all the posts and likes, i said that i would make and send them a pen for free, all they had to do was make a donation any amount to the WWP and send me there address. I put that post on 4 facebook pages .Guess how many pens i need to make from that post........lets just say if that was all the pens i was going to be making i could unplug the lathe.... but i got a bunch of likes........

TonyL

There was no need. I didn't take it that way, and if I did it would have been my problem, not yours. Thank YOU for being so mindful of what others have done for us. I really think you/others will "llike" that program and will be amazed at how close we came to not enjoying the freedoms that we have today (not a political statement).

tim self

Tony, i work around our troops every day most people just don't understand what they go through and put up with for very little pay ,but most of do it because they love it .........

For 20 years that's the way I felt. Really felt lost after I retired. Working in the real world was a bit of a let down by comparison. The brotherhood is amazing.

sbwertz

Check Charity Navigator on Veteran's Charities.

Wounded Warriors Project donates 57 percent of what it raises to the veterans. Disabled American Veterans donates 93 percent

Charity Navigator Rating - Wounded Warrior Project

Charity Navigator Rating - DAV (Disabled American Veterans) Charitable Service Trust

Some so called veteran's charities donate as little as 10 percent of what they raise to the veterans...the rest goes in their pocket.

http://www.charitynavigator.org/index.cfm?bay=search.summary&orgid=13135#.VFGesxZseSo

Be sure to check out charities before you donate!

Last edited:
Top Bottom