2011 Bash Prizes

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

maxwell_smart007

Lead Moderator
Staff member
middle of nowhere in the great, white North
Feb 2011 Birthday Bash Prize List

IAP Member-Businesses

1. Monty - 2 brand new 6" calipers along with $50 in gift certificates (allotted however is required - i.e. 1 $50, OR 2 $25, your choice (http://woodenwonderstx.com/WWBlue/index.html)

2. Docstram - three Sierra-sized gator blanks. I'm going to start selling a few in IAP.
Each gator blank is sierra sized and valued at $20 each. - Doc

3. Exoticblanks - Ed4copies - TBD *********
http://www.exoticblanks.com

4. Indy-pen-Dance- - Mike and Linda
TWO prizes of a $25 gift certificate (electronic)

5. Turn-Tex - See below, Jan 27 edit

6. Randbcrafts - You can count me in for about $200 in various blanks (Tru-Stone, M3 and Ebonite). I'll send you pictures and specific blanks when the time comes.
Thanks,
Richard
www.randbcrafts.com
904-874-3416[/QUOTE]

7. mrcook4570 - Stan Cook - Happyturners.com -
FIVE rope twist blanks for the sierra. The retail value is $75.00

8. Little River Crafts - Sylvanite - www.bulletpenkits.com - FOUR $25 gift certificates

9. Ankrom Exotics - Pat and Lynn - www.ankromexotics.com
TWO prizes of a set of 'Burls & Swirls' pen blanks (4 blanks per lot).
Retail value is $48 per lot.

10. Creative Dimensions - Alton and Charlie - Greenmtnguy
THREE prizes. :
1. A pen box with choice of custom plaque and 6 x 3D blanks - value $116
2. A pen box with choice of custom plaque and 3 x 3D blanks - value $ 71
3. A high end custom pen box we are creating - value $50
Is it possible to place these prizes in 3 different categories to give us maximum exposure?

ADDENDUM: Creative Dimensions is adding:
THREE prizes of a set of four drinking glasses engraved with the seventh anniversary logo - value $40 per set
DISCOUNT AVAILABLE for resinsavers during the bash

11. Landfill Lumber - Victor - Landfilllumber.com
Box of high grade blanks
Worth:$50 at least
treymendous77@yahoo.com
cell 586-563-0441

12. Lazerlinez - Constant Laubscher - www.lazerlinez.com -
FIVE x Price packages each value $100 - total value $500
(made up of inlay kits - contents TBD)

13. CaptG - Gary -
1 Sierra geared carbon fiber blank (watch parts) $50.00
1 Jr. Gent geared carbon fiber (watch parts) blank set $75.00
1 box of assorted regular carbon fiber blanks, value $105.00

14. Kalai - Koa Wood Hawaii - Chris - Koawoodhawaii.com
1 box of 12 curly koa pen blanks

15. The Golden Nib - Anthony - Thegoldennib.com -
ONE 14K gold 1.1 italic nib

16. ElMostro - Eugene (Amalgum-mutts)
FOUR prizes of a $25 gift certificate

----------------------------------------------------------------
Businesses

Torne Lignum - http://www.torne-lignum.com/ - Ruth Niles - rthniles@yahoo.com - $25 gift certificate

Woodturningz - fritz@woodturningz.com - www.woodturningz.com - FIVE X $25 gift certificates

Alumilite - Carol - world@alumilite.com - www.alumilite.com - COUPON plus EIGHT prizes
COUPON: We will do the 20% of for the month of your celebration in February.... for all materials except five gallon kits. We can not honor the 20% off on the bigger kits. I will get the complete details to you.
P.S.: #5 kits (10 gallon units are exclude from the 20%) we will give them 10% on the large kit.

Also, we will do TWO Alumilite Clear (16 oz. Kits) per week for your drawings for the month of February, totaling EIGHT kits for the month.

Wood Safari - info@woodsafari.com - www.woodsafari.com - Karen
COUPON: We'd like to offer members 10% on any order through the duration of the celebration.
Coupon code will be "iap2011wood"

and ONE $50 gift certificate.

Berea Hardwoods - Joseph Csokmay (GM) - info@bereahardwoods.com - www.bereahardwoods.com
TWO $100 gift certificates.

Woodnwhimsies - Tracey and Tim - woodnwhimsies@woodnwhimsies.com - www.woodnwhimsies.com
TWO - $50.00 gift certificates
TWO - $25.00 gift certificates
TWO - $10.00 gift certificates

KMS Tools - Bob Gadd - www.kmstools.com- bobg@kmstools.com
Nova Midi chuck 1" x 8tpi thread with standard jaws and a set of 1" pin jaws

Craft Supplies USA - Ben Williams - bwilliams@woodturnerscatalog.com - www.woodturnerscatalog.com
- TWO x 988-6951 Kryo Pen Turning 3/8" Gouge $38.99 ea
- TWO x 9794830007 Color Grit Abrasive Combo Pack $32.99 ea
- TWO x 979437 Handy Project Organizers $15.99 ea
- TWO x 379-2005 Pen Drilling Vises $47.99 ea
- ONE x 930-4300 Oneway Wolverine Sharpening System $149.99

Lee Valley Tools - Barbara Aubin - baubin@leevalley.com - www.leevalley.ca
$50 gift card
Delivery note: (advise us of the winner and we can either send it electronically or an actual card by mail depending on the situation, and in Canadian or US Dollars depending on the recipient.)

-----------------------------------------------------------------
Members

Arioux - Alfred - TWO prizes:
One Box of blanks
One collection of Russ Fairfield DVDs to be given to a beginner or creative penturning contest:
(Quote: 5 DVD's and i would like to offer it to the winner in a category that reflect either creativity or if you have a categorie for newbies. Maybe a "Russ Fairfield" inspired pen contest based on a slimline (just a tough), i leave to you and the admin crew to choose in wich contest you want to give it away. Again, i take care of the shipping.)

RMartin - Trustone Cigar Pen Package
Includes: 5 Cigar kits, 1 each: Gold titanium, Black titanium, Black titanium/Platinum, Chrome, Black chrome.
5 assorted Tru-stone blanks
10mm drill bit
1 set of bushing
(Picture available)

Padre - 10 BOW blanks with certificates, value $50

Leap - Phil - box of blanks (25+) approx. value $75+

USAFVET98 - Brian - I would be willing to donate Dura Coat / Cerakote services for knives, guns, pen parts, tools or whatever else they might need or want done.
The amount is for 1 refinishing job up to $150.00
So it could be a knife or a set of chisels or a gun..
www.customgunfinish.com

nava1uni - Cindy - box of mixed blanks $75+

witz1976 - Dan - 5 pieces of New England's Largest Elm affectionately named "Herbie", that was cut down due to Dutch Elm disease last Jan. This tree was 217 years old and made national news last year. www.herbieproject.org

Mredburn - Mike - Sterling SIlver F/P kit for the unlimited pen contest

ctubbs - Charles - Box of local wood blanks, including Red Cedar, Spalted Crab, Spalted Hackberry, Cherry

Bitshird - Ken - custom Woodchuck Pen Pro (tricked out) with handle value = $125.00 (PIcture will be available after Constant is done engraving!)

JohnU - John -
THREE prizes of a set of feather blanks. Each group will have three sierra size feather blanks. They are $45 sets.

rherrell - Rick
One Sanding Mill value: $25
One Custom Tool Rest with two crossbars (any size), value $45-55 depending on size

Displaced Canadian -
THREE prizes of a box of blanks

Hunter-27 -
FOUR prizes of a deburring tool and fancy pen blank - $25 value

All prizes above current to Jan 19, 2011

------------------------------------------------------------

Post-JAN 20 2011 ADDENDUM

Bella Penna Oklahoman - Roy - I have 5 (five) Sierra inlay kits to donate for the bash...
1-Piano
1-barber pole
1-Flag of Bahrain
2-12 squares
1-3 piece 8 square 2 tone (second picture)

Each sell for $20 for a total of $120, as they are less than $25.00 each I would prefer to have all given to one person but the call is yours....Roy

ADDENDUM to Roy's prize: ADD:
Two prizes of a Pin chuck mandrel: (or one prize of two mandrels)
#1 A pin chuck/mandrel for the Baron/Sodona/Navigator etc
#2 a Statesman/Gent closed-end mandrel

Thompson Lathe Tools -
Donation Drawing prize - 3/8" spindle gouge with engraved handle
------------------------------

TUES, JAN 25th ADDENDUM
cnccutter - Erik
TWO limited edition cherry pen stands with IAP logo

Tues evening:

sparhawk - box of blanks

Wednesday, Jan 26 edit:
Beartooth Woods - www.beartoothwoods.com - Ernie - ernie@beartoothwoods.com
EIGHT prizes of a $25 gift certificate. (Codes sent to Ed via PM)
10 percent discount code during the bash

Thursday, Jan 27 edit:
Turn Tex donation -
* 1 set of 6 "Original Cactus Blank"™ pen blanks including shipping. Value $113
* 1 "Original Cactus Blank"™ half blank sampler including shipping. Value $57
* 1 set of 3 Custom Mesquite and Black Walnut Fountain Pen boxes including shipping. Value $67
* 1 sets of 2 each "Original Cactus Blank"™ money clip kits and key chain kits, including shipping. Value $36.50
* 1 sets of 2 each "Original Cactus Blank"™ money clip kits and key chain kits, including shipping. Value $36.50
* 1 complete All New Cactus Juice™ stabilizing system including custom made stabilizing chamber with hoses and connectors (vacuum pump not included) and 32 oz. of Cactus Juice™ stabilizing resin, including shipping. $105.50. Unfortunately, this can only be shipped domestic. If winner is international, a TurnTex gift certificate for the value of the prize will be substituted.

If you need any fill in prizes for trivia contests, I will provide $25 TurnTex gift certificates as needed.

Last edited:
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

maxwell_smart007

Lead Moderator
Staff member
Rmartin's prize picture:

Attachments

• IAP2011.jpg
    IAP2011.jpg
    89.3 KB · Views: 97

maxwell_smart007

Lead Moderator
Staff member
CSUSA Prize:
(note: system does not include grinder)
Complete Wolverine Sharpening System
Includes Basic System, Vari-Grind Jig and Diamond Wheel Dresser.
Grinder not included

Attachments

• htt-kryo-pen-gouge.jpg
    htt-kryo-pen-gouge.jpg
    5.4 KB · Views: 94
  • color-grit.jpg
    color-grit.jpg
    10.1 KB · Views: 87
  • pen-vise.jpg
    pen-vise.jpg
    36 KB · Views: 102
  • handy_organizer.jpg
    handy_organizer.jpg
    8.9 KB · Views: 94
  • oneway-complete.jpg
    oneway-complete.jpg
    36.2 KB · Views: 132

maxwell_smart007

Lead Moderator
Staff member
Possible donation drawing prizes, from first glance: (plus any others that Jeff wants...should all prizes over 100 dollars be in the drawing to give each contest equal weight?)

Bitshird - Ken - custom Woodchuck Pen Pro (tricked out) with handle value = $125.00

CSUSA - ONE x 930-4300 Oneway Wolverine Sharpening System $149.99

KMS Tools - Nova Midi chuck 1" x 8tpi thread with standard jaws and a set of 1" pin jaws

One or two Alumilite kits?

CaptG - 1 box of assorted regular carbon fiber blanks, value $105.00

Constant - one of his prize packs

One of Alton's, i.e. 1. A pen box with choice of custom plaque and 6 x 3D blanks - value $106

Randbcrafts, depending on what it contains?

Rherrell's tool rest??

Last edited:

ed4copies

Local Chapter Manager
Hey Andrew (and everyone)

Jeff's drawing takes precedence, in my mind, over the other contests. The bash provides funding for the site, so the best prizes should be there. In addition, Jeff does a better job of advertising for those who donate to his drawing than I have done for those whose prizes are used elsewhere.

This year I hope to do better, as I hope to do less on the daily trivia and hope to be doing less "scrambling" to change prizes "on the fly". IF this is the case, we will try to "showcase" a vendor or two each day--but that was my PLAN last year, too and it never happened (completely my fault, but I'm not CERTAIN I will do better, this year).

So, the short answer Andrew, would be get together with Jeff and "stock the shelves" of the donation drawing "non-raffle".

Clearly we won't be using Cav's paypal this year--do we have a plan for the donation drawing, Jeff?? Not my bailiwick, just another bridge that we should probably build now, rather than wading through this river on Feb first.

mbroberg

IAP Activities Manager, Emeritus
Hey Andrew (and everyone)

Jeff's drawing takes precedence, in my mind, over the other contests. The bash provides funding for the site, so the best prizes should be there. In addition, Jeff does a better job of advertising for those who donate to his drawing than I have done for those whose prizes are used elsewhere.

This year I hope to do better, as I hope to do less on the daily trivia and hope to be doing less "scrambling" to change prizes "on the fly". IF this is the case, we will try to "showcase" a vendor or two each day--but that was my PLAN last year, too and it never happened (completely my fault, but I'm not CERTAIN I will do better, this year).

So, the short answer Andrew, would be get together with Jeff and "stock the shelves" of the donation drawing "non-raffle".

Clearly we won't be using Cav's paypal this year--do we have a plan for the donation drawing, Jeff?? Not my bailiwick, just another bridge that we should probably build now, rather than wading through this river on Feb first.

If need be, we can use my PP account. The money will be for the purchase of a mug, not an entry in a rafle.

you can put me down for 3 small priority mail boxes of blanks. I will send pictures when I get the boxes so people can see exactly how many and what they are getting.

hunter-27

Passed Away Aug 14, 2013
In Memoriam
I've aquired some more of the Deburring tools that I have offered before, I'm goint to put Four(4) of them up here to be added to the prize pool. They are around $15 value each and might make good prizes for the daily trivia or something. I have also said I will donate a box of "nice" blanks and a deburring tool to be used as one of the prizes(almost made it) in the freestyle contest. I'm not looking to be on any recognition list, just thought I better post here so they get accounted for.

Attachments

• deburring tool.jpg
    deburring tool.jpg
    3.2 KB · Views: 196

hunter-27

Passed Away Aug 14, 2013
In Memoriam
Since we are not allowed to edit our posts readily anymore. Will there be a thread with a "Master List" of what prizes are for what contests? Just curious as I write up my final draft for my contests.

maxwell_smart007

Lead Moderator
Staff member
Yes, Landon - after all of the prizes are in (within the week, I'd say), then Jeff chooses his Donation Drawing prizes from the mix, and then Ed and Dawn assign them to the contests.

So you'll know when that happens! Oh, and I've sent you a PM re: the deburring tools, Landon!

Andrew

ed4copies

Local Chapter Manager
Yes, Landon - after all of the prizes are in (within the week, I'd say), then Jeff chooses his Donation Drawing prizes from the mix, and then Ed and Dawn assign them to the contests.

So you'll know when that happens! Oh, and I've sent you a PM re: the deburring tools, Landon!

Andrew

Just an FYI: Dawn stays out of the prize allocation process. If anyone loves their prizes, great. IF you are unhappy, PM ME!!! I will try to adjust, but Dawn is already averaging about 50 unanswered PM's--she doesn't need to be on more "lists". (It's a pain being a girl, with a very sexy phone voice, on a men's forum):biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

PR_Princess

Just an FYI: Dawn stays out of the prize allocation process. If anyone loves their prizes, great. IF you are unhappy, PM ME!!! I will try to adjust, but Dawn is already averaging about 50 unanswered PM's--she doesn't need to be on more "lists". (It's a pain being a girl, with a very sexy phone voice, on a men's forum):biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

Hey, remember I can see this forum now!!!:mad-tongue:

maxwell_smart007

Lead Moderator
Staff member
Creative Dimensions - more pictures:

Attachments

• 1_Grapes__Rushmore.jpg
    1_Grapes__Rushmore.jpg
    100.2 KB · Views: 125
  • JC Rosewood.jpg
    JC Rosewood.jpg
    478 KB · Views: 104
  • Hunterbox 2.jpg
    Hunterbox 2.jpg
    240.6 KB · Views: 98
  • fd black.jpg
    fd black.jpg
    119.9 KB · Views: 107
  • Beethoven maple.jpg
    Beethoven maple.jpg
    415.8 KB · Views: 126
  • lathe 2 maple.jpg
    lathe 2 maple.jpg
    381.6 KB · Views: 91
  • piano.jpg
    piano.jpg
    78.4 KB · Views: 93
  • PianoBox.jpg
    PianoBox.jpg
    233.6 KB · Views: 85

Phunky_2003

I know I'd be interested in getting some.

Merchandise available year round I think would encourage more year-long participation in funding. It could definately help with getting awards (plaques) and prizes during the bash.

maxwell_smart007

Lead Moderator
Staff member
ADDENDUM - Jan 20th, 2011:

Oklahoman:
Andrew, I have 5 (five) Sierra inlay kits to donate for the bash...
1-Piano
1-barber pole
1-Flag of Bahrain
2-12 squares

Each sell for $20 for a total of $100, as they are less than $25.00 each I would prefer to have all given to one person but the call is yours....Roy

EDIT: Add one more, so a total of $120

Attachments

• IMG_2270.jpg
    IMG_2270.jpg
    41.6 KB · Views: 90
  • IMG_2271.jpg
    IMG_2271.jpg
    41.5 KB · Views: 81
Last edited:
Top Bottom