2009 Donation Drawing Prizes...

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

jeff

Administrator
Staff member
Looking for some good ideas for prizes for the donation drawing.

Usually we have about half purchased and half donated items. I usually select some of the nicer things from the pool of donated prizes. As the donation amount grows, I add more prizes. The goal of the donation drawing is to provide as many nice prizes as possible, while netting a couple thousand bucks to run the site for the next year.

From the 2008 List:

1 - Jet wet sharpening system (purchased)
1 - Grizzly Mini Lathe
2 - Beall Collet Chuck, 2 collets, live center, 2 mandrels (purchased)
2 - Paul's vises (purchased)
2 - $100 CSUSA Gift Certs (purchased)
1 - Six pack of cactus blanks (Curtis Seebeck - MesquiteMan)
1 - Norfolk Island Pine vase (Chris Allen - Kalai)
1 - Pen Blanks from KarlKuehn

Things I'm thinking about...

Jet Mini Lathe (planning to purch from Amazon then drop ship to winner)
Pen Wizard (be nice to get one donated...)
Paul Huffman Vises (always purchase... he ships to me for free)
Skoggers
Other tools.

Andrew, you might consider making a post on the forum letting our business members know that we are accepting donation commitments for the bash. I'd look for guys like Dario, Monty, Lou, Anthony, etc. who regularly sell things to provide us with donations. You might want to separate that call for submissions from all the guys who want to donate a box of blanks for this or that.

I usually don't give people the opportunity to say where their prize gets assigned, but some people do express a preference that it be used for the donation drawing or a specific contest prize. I try to accommodate.

OK, I'll shut up now!!!

Randy_

Looking for some good ideas for prizes for the donation drawing.

Usually we have about half purchased and half donated items. I usually select some of the nicer things from the pool of donated prizes. As the donation amount grows, I add more prizes. The goal of the donation drawing is to provide as many nice prizes as possible, while netting a couple thousand bucks to run the site for the next year.

From the 2008 List:

1 - Jet wet sharpening system (purchased)
1 - Grizzly Mini Lathe
2 - Beall Collet Chuck, 2 collets, live center, 2 mandrels (purchased)
2 - Paul's vises (purchased)
2 - $100 CSUSA Gift Certs (purchased)
1 - Six pack of cactus blanks (Curtis Seebeck - MesquiteMan)
1 - Norfolk Island Pine vase (Chris Allen - Kalai)
1 - Pen Blanks from KarlKuehn

Things I'm thinking about...

Jet Mini Lathe (planning to purch from Amazon then drop ship to winner)
Pen Wizard (be nice to get one donated...)
Paul Huffman Vises (always purchase... he ships to me for free)
Skoggers
Other tools.

Andrew, you might consider making a post on the forum letting our business members know that we are accepting donation commitments for the bash. I'd look for guys like Dario, Monty, Lou, Anthony, etc. who regularly sell things to provide us with donations. You might want to separate that call for submissions from all the guys who want to donate a box of blanks for this or that.

I usually don't give people the opportunity to say where their prize gets assigned, but some people do express a preference that it be used for the donation drawing or a specific contest prize. I try to accommodate.

OK, I'll shut up now!!!

Jeff: If you did a drop-ship with him, you could save the cost of postage to the ultimate winner......assuming Paul he would be willing. Maybe with some sort of accomodation if the winner is out of the lower 48?​

Last edited:
Top Bottom