2 Women Slayers

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from PenWorks

Status
Not open for further replies.

PenWorks

First my appologies to the ladies for the title. But women just die for these pens. This is just my observation, from my little store in my little part of the universe......

When a women steps up in size pen size, to a Wall St. Jr., or Havana. 8 times out of 10, she will pick a resin material over wood, and better that 50% of the time it will be the Golden Violet inlace from CS. Soon to be as popular will be the new red/white/black celluloid. This is the 3rd one I had to make allready. This pair was for a mother & mother in law holiday gift.

This is for the Bluesman, Every time I go to San Fransico, I check out Lavay Smith and her band www.lavaysmith.com good swing, jazz, blues singer with a great band. Her favorite writing instrument of choice is a Golden Violet Wall St w/gold trim, by Penchetta. It's amazing how giving away a free pen gets you ring side table seating for shows! Highly recomend her 2 CDs, they can be purchased on her web site or amazon. Anthony

20041110144620_DSC00787.jpg

20041110144652_DSC00792.jpg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Fred in NC

Jeff (jbjwood2000):

That is a good point also, that made me think (which is not always a good thing for me to do . . . )

You are right, there are more women in craft shows. They usually buy pens for presents, mostly for men. However, the display needs to catch their eye to start with.

I am thinking of a very visible display with a few pens that will catch the ladies eyes.

Any comments?

Gary

Anthony...the Statesman Jr in Masur Birch and Snakewood that's in your album, may I ask how you finished that? Was there any staining involved? Thanks!

PenWorks

No stain, it was a stabalizeb blank that went thru the complete sand job including micro mesh to 12,000. I notice on most stabalized woods, once you get to 12,000 it allready has a nice sheen to it. All I did was put several coates of Mylands friction polich on it. Anthony

jkirkb94

Beautiful pens. I have noticed also that the women seem to like the resin material over the wood. I recently bought some resins locally with the women in mind. I have a pink iridescent acrylester I think will be real popular. Kirk [8D]

wayneis

For those interested in non-wood blanks check out the Hut catalog, they have about the best selection. Hut and Craft Supply USA have the largest selections. I like some of the poly gems, poly pearls, environs, oh heck I like them all. Check it out, at your own risk.

Wayne

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom