2 more lamps, Box Elder and Walnut

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Status
Not open for further replies.

Doghouse

Yes, I know walnut is boring, but I left the natural edge on one side, and the other has a void from a torn out branch. The box elder does not show all the figure. It was a piece of crotch so there is the red / brown, and gold folds all over the place.
walnut_BoxElder_lamps.jpg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Woodnknots

Nice John. I like the BE, but the walnut is just not my bag. Something about the shape. Nice execution on both pieces, though. It never becomes effortless, just a bit easier every time, right? Come to think of it, I think I'd like to see that BE come to a narrow point at the bottom, and then either set inside and glued to a darker wood, or just come to a narrow point and attached to a thin darker wood base. Blackwood would look nice. (course anyone of us can just go out and buy a piece of blackwood like that though, can't we?) Just my imagination running wild with that piece. Gorgeous piece of BE though. Can't wait to see it in person. What's the wall thickness on both?

Doghouse

Dave, Since those were so small to begin with, I left them solid. The walnut is very unique, but also very rustic.

I just finished a few more pieces, Hope to have them pictured tonight.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom