2 more days??

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

RAdams

Banned
Until round 2 of the challenge starts???

GET YOUR FIRST ROUND ENTRIES IN NOW BEFORE YOU ARE PLAYING CATCH UP!

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

ldb2000

Thanks Ron . I'm working on the round 2 pen now . It will be slightly more difficult then the first round but still doable with regular tools and skills , in fact it will require a technique that everyone complains about but we should all know how to do .
Over the weekend I will describe my techniques for the stage 1 pen but it has already been explained with several different variations so nothing new there .
For anyone who still wants to play , the stage 1 challenge will remain open and accepting new entries .

DurocShark

I guess I'd better get some regular stuff done so my schedule is clear for the next challenge!

(White alabaster on a rhodium Jr Maj on the lathe right now... Yummy!)

PenMan1

And I just picked up 400 bd ft of white ash to redo the kitchen how am I going to sneak time for this.:frown::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

Butch might have just saved you, Rick. White Ash needs to sit in the rooms it is going to be installed in or it will never fit exactly right.....At least that is what I told my wife. Every time a board squeaks, she says "I told you to wait longer before you laid that flooring":biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

bgibb42

And I just picked up 400 bd ft of white ash to redo the kitchen how am I going to sneak time for this.:frown::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

You can get in a lot of practice making tenons with that much material.:eek:

Craftdiggity

I guess I'd better get some regular stuff done so my schedule is clear for the next challenge!

(White alabaster on a rhodium Jr Maj on the lathe right now... Yummy!)

Don, That sounds sweet. Can't wait to see it. I see you're hooked on stone like me. I'm hoping that my supplier gets his soapstone order in soon. I need more.

I am looking forward to the next phase of the challenge. The first phase taught me a new technique, and I can't wait to build on that newfound knowledge.

ldb2000

My lips are sealed on the technique but this one won't be too bad , the Third stage will use this technique several times and WILL slow some of you speed racers down a bit :wink::biggrin:

PenMan1

My lips are sealed on the technique but this one won't be too bad , the Third stage will use this technique several times and WILL slow some of you speed racers down a bit :wink::biggrin:

Told Ya! 19 tenons ..... all cut with the back end of a spoon...... Just teasing Butch....I can't wait! This challenge was a great idea. You've got us posting BEFORE the challenge is even announced.

RAdams

Banned
Butch might have just saved you, Rick. White Ash needs to sit in the rooms it is going to be installed in or it will never fit exactly right.....At least that is what I told my wife. Every time a board squeaks, she says "I told you to wait longer before you laid that flooring":biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

It is called Acclamation period, and it is true. Not as important with real wood, but absolutely needed for Laminate flooring.

Rick_G

Not doing the floors, just refacing all the cupboards and putting a few drawers in where there are none now. The original cupboards are all in good shape just 50 years old and ugly with sliding doors. It'll have to acclimatize in the basement because there is just no way it will all go in the kitchen while we are using it. It's virtually right out of the kiln so if anything it's going to expand on me.

skiprat

Passed Away Mar 22, 2022
In Memoriam
:biggrin:

Attachments

• SorryButch.JPG
    SorryButch.JPG
    60.1 KB · Views: 103

RAdams

Banned
Here you are having a conversation and you got a list of peeps waiting:biggrin::eek::biggrin:???

Whats going on around here:biggrin::biggrin:???

I think my dreads grew two inches waiting for round two!!!:tongue:

On a serious note, I am ready to get started on the next challenge, or set of challenges i should say, cause each pen is it's own set of hurdles to jump! Awesome fun!!

Top Bottom