2 Laminates

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from Fleabit

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fleabit

Well, Murphy hasn't left yet:( Took me over a week to get these done. The finishes wouldn't take, both had seperations and overall, they were a pain! But...here they are. The slimline is for a customer and the designer is a no sale due to a transmission not working right. Anyhow, what do you think? Won't be doing any of these for a LONG time. To much time involved.

20053315548_MVC-508X1.jpg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

DCBluesman

Passed Away Mar 3, 2016
In Memoriam
Excellent fit and finish! The glue lines are invisible. These are very well done! I know what you mean about them being time-consuming, but the rewards are great, as you have demonstrated here!

Fred in NC

Well, that is one that I like very much!!

However, is that a SEGMENTED construction? Lamination implies thin pieces, like in Dymondwood.

Fred in NC

They came out very nice, Fleabit! I was planning to glue up some blanks like that from maple and walnut, since people around here like those woods.

ctEaglesc

Passed Away Jul 4, 2008
In Memoriam
They look good to me!
What's the problem with the tranny on the Euro?
You do realize the bottom of the Euro is about 3/8ths of an inch longer than the slim line and the tranny needs to be pushed down farther than the "shoulder"
(If you knew that disregard)
Out of curiosity what made them so time consuming?

Fleabit

cteaglesc: The tranny doesnt hold the top section from spinning all the way around. This is the second one that has done that. Same batch order, so I am guessing bad batch. The other one I have used worked as advertised.

As for time consuming: I had the segments come apart three differnt times (two by me being stupid, 1 due to ?). Think the expoxy was mixed a little off. I also had the finish being a pain in the butt.

Gregory Huey

First off your joints are nice and tight and show no glue lines. I think your choice of woods work well togeather and you have done a great job with the turning & finish. Bad trannys are a bummer.

Fleabit

Eagle: Good call. It is not the tranny. The top of the designer does it will all the slimelines too. Any ideas to fix it without tearing the pen down to components?

dougle40

Very nice job on the segmantation and the pens . As for the tranny problem , you could try , somehow , to make the tube smaller or the tranny larger . I don't know if a little solder on the tranny would work or not . Maybe someone else might have a better idea !

rtgleck

I think those are two very nice looking segmented pens. I agree with the others that those to woods look good together and it gives it a very nice design. Glue lines are basically invisable. Great looking pair of pens there.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom