2/21/13 The bear has roared! :) New puzzle available! **word list now visible

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

sparhawk

I guess im the only one havin trouble with this one. Got 16 and have gone through the list six times now and cant find any more acronyms. And im usually good at these.Another tough one Curtis.

MesquiteMan

Retired Head Moderator
The word list is now visible! Sorry, but you will no longer receive the 2 points but you can still get a point for completing it before I create a new puzzle!

THarvey

I just looked at the puzzle. The version I received had eight different places where "MM" not counting the "YMMV" only one was the correct location.

Hey "Bear"!!!! Can we get a bonus point for solving it today?:smile-big: ...Since you changed the completion code...:biggrin:

longbeard

Well, i get 1 point, work has it blocked and by the time i got off work last night, i got to work on it for 1 1/2 hours, figured i could get up and finish it before Curtis put the words up......WRONG!
Thanks Curtis for your time and effort so we can pull our hair out (what little bit we have left ) and scratch our eyes til they are raw, cuss, keep us from making our greatest creation in the shops and being famous for it. But we still love ya like a brother ( bear ) poke, poke, poke, where's the next puzzle! :biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

Smitty37

Passed Away Mar 29, 2018
In Memoriam
Yea, I was up at 6 am Eastern Time and it was already gone --- that rascal must have got up in the middle of the night out there to change it:):biggrin:

tim self

I wonder if we might get a point for not cheating? I can't believe the ONE word I was missing. I looked for it at least half a dozen times.

Smitty37

Passed Away Mar 29, 2018
In Memoriam
I wonder if we might get a point for not cheating? I can't believe the ONE word I was missing. I looked for it at least half a dozen times.
On the 1st version of the puzzle I worked, I didn't find 1 word that counted but I did find 8 different words that didn't count and some of them I found several times.

alphageek

Former Moderator
Well, i get 1 point, work has it blocked and by the time i got off work last night, i got to work on it for 1 1/2 hours, figured i could get up and finish it before Curtis put the words up......WRONG!
Thanks Curtis for your time and effort so we can pull our hair out (what little bit we have left ) and scratch our eyes til they are raw, cuss, keep us from making our greatest creation in the shops and being famous for it. But we still love ya like a brother ( bear ) poke, poke, poke, where's the next puzzle! :biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

You havn't been paying attention. Curtis has been posting almost all of these around 2am. So no surprise that he hit the deadline to release the words! :biggrin::biggrin:

alphageek

Former Moderator
I just looked at the puzzle. The version I received had eight different places where "MM" not counting the "YMMV" only one was the correct location.

Hey "Bear"!!!! Can we get a bonus point for solving it today?:smile-big: ...Since you changed the completion code...:biggrin:

Thats so he can actually TELL which of us finished it in the first 24 hours you nut! He's already given us the bonus point! :biggrin: :eek:

longbeard

You havn't been paying attention. Curtis has been posting almost all of these around 2am. So no surprise that he hit the deadline to release the words! :biggrin::biggrin:

Oh but i have been paying attention, but Curtis is on time, hoping he would get side tracted for a bit. :biggrin:

Pete275

Sad thing is I was one word from being finished with this one without the clues and had to shut the computer down. Could not get back to it until today. One point or two this was still a good puzzle.

Wayne

THarvey

Thats so he can actually TELL which of us finished it in the first 24 hours you nut! He's already given us the bonus point! :biggrin: :eek:

Hey, It don't hurt to ask. :wink:

Smitty37

Passed Away Mar 29, 2018
In Memoriam

Hey, It don't hurt to ask. :wink:
YMMV was the only one I didn't have the first day but I didn't know how many more words there were so I went to bed. I'd have found it. CA, CB, BB and AS were the ones I kept finding over and over again.

Smitty37

Passed Away Mar 29, 2018
In Memoriam
Hey I won a week ago over in the Trivia contest and didn't realize it until today...so I have been going along merrily submitting the answer everyday even though I have not been elgible since the 15th. In my own defense though that was not a good week for me lots of personal issues.

Mack C.

Passed Away Sep 29, 2018
In Memoriam
Hey I won a week ago over in the Trivia contest and didn't realize it until today...
so I have been going along merrily submitting the answer everyday even though I have not been elgible since the 15th.
Hi; This is the 2nd time I've seen a comment such as this one. I think you are misunderstanding the rule which says you can only submit one answer.

If that's the case I understand the rule to mean, you can only submit one answer for that day's trivia.

Or am I making an incorrect assumption?

Smitty37

Passed Away Mar 29, 2018
In Memoriam
Hey I won a week ago over in the Trivia contest and didn't realize it until today...
so I have been going along merrily submitting the answer everyday even though I have not been elgible since the 15th.
Hi; This is the 2nd time I've seen a comment such as this one. I think you are misunderstanding the rule which says you can only submit one answer.

If that's the case I understand the rule to mean, you can only submit one answer for that day's trivia.

It also says you can only win once and should stay out of the Trivia Contest after you've won.

Mack C.

Passed Away Sep 29, 2018
In Memoriam

It also says you can only win once and should stay out of the Trivia Contest after you've won.
Thanks for that, Smitty! I never did read the rules, but that one seems to be a stoopid one to me! It's new this year, because I won twice last year or the year before.

So the bash means nothing to me now, having won this year already.

Smitty37

Passed Away Mar 29, 2018
In Memoriam

Thanks for that, Smitty! I never did read the rules, but that one seems to be a stoopid one to me! It's new this year, because I won twice last year or the year before.

Well I think the coordinator must have forgot too else he'd have reminded me that I shouldn't have been entering.

Mack C.

Passed Away Sep 29, 2018
In Memoriam

Well I think the coordinator must have forgot too else he'd have reminded me that I shouldn't have been entering.
Do ya think......

I really don't know what to do. I won on the 15th (I think it was), but I already had one of the prize I was awarded, so I turned it back in for someone else. I don't know if I'm eligible now for the Daily Trivia or not.

I thought the idea of the Bash was to include as many forumites as possible, not to exclude someone because they were a winner. It was only the luck of the draw that made them or me a winner, nothing else really!

Mods, Bash organizers, whoever -- My post here is not meant to be a rant, just an opinion. I learned a lot from the Daily Trivia. Now I don't have a horse in the race!

MesquiteMan

Retired Head Moderator
Mods, Bash organizers, whoever -- My post here is not meant to be a rant, just an opinion. I learned a lot from the Daily Trivia. Now I don't have a horse in the race!

They are probably not going to see your opinion on the second page of a thread about a specific puzzle in the puzzle contest.

MesquiteMan

Retired Head Moderator
At least one Mod read it. :biggrin:

Yes, but the mods have nothing to do with the bash. I am involved but alphageek, for example is not at all. And I have so much going on that this point will certainly not get to the trivia contest chair or to the activities manager where it needs to go.

hunter-27

Passed Away Aug 14, 2013
In Memoriam

Do ya think......

I really don't know what to do. I won on the 15th (I think it was), but I already had one of the prize I was awarded, so I turned it back in for someone else. I don't know if I'm eligible now for the Daily Trivia or not.

I thought the idea of the Bash was to include as many forumites as possible, not to exclude someone because they were a winner. It was only the luck of the draw that made them or me a winner, nothing else really!

Not my contest, but I did read your opinion, now here is mine.

Feel free to step up and run a contest the way you would like it ran.

Mack C.

Passed Away Sep 29, 2018
In Memoriam

Do ya think......

Thanks for that bash, Landon! I would have thought you would be above that, but I guess I'm wrong again!

I thought I might be able to express an opinion without having it thrown back in my face! It appears I'm wrong on that front as well!

hunter-27

Passed Away Aug 14, 2013
In Memoriam

Do ya think......

Thanks for that bash, Landon! I would have thought you would be above that, but I guess I'm wrong again!

I thought I might be able to express an opinion without having it thrown back in my face! It appears I'm wrong on that front as well!
Not a "bash" my friend only an opinion. I got involved to help take things in a new direction that felt was a positive. Some agreed and some did not, but as far as complaing about the rules, I had only to talk to the guy in the mirror.

Last edited:
Top Bottom