1st Contest for 2011 Bash

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

hunter-27

Passed Away Aug 14, 2013
In Memoriam
I have the first contest planned out AND completed. I will be issuing this challenge in the form of an themed crossword puzzle. I think I have all the logistics worked out but if anyone else thinks of any problems that could arise, give me a shout and I'll see if I have them covered. I'm sure everyone is busy, so am I, that is why I started a bit early with this one. I want to have myself ready to help out with or manage other contests as needed. Just to get on the list early :biggrin:, I'll be requesting 2 prizes. 1 for the first to complete the thing and 1 more for a random draw from all correctly completed puzzles.

Landon

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

hunter-27

Passed Away Aug 14, 2013
In Memoriam
Here is the puzzle without the clues attached. I will post the clues at the start of the contest.

Attachments

• crossword final copy draft.jpg
    crossword final copy draft.jpg
    32.2 KB · Views: 80

mbroberg

IAP Activities Manager, Emeritus
This looks like it will draw alot of attention. It will be a nice, new addition to the Bash!!

hunter-27

Passed Away Aug 14, 2013
In Memoriam
I can post the clues and answers here if you like. I have not as I thought someone may want to participate.

mbroberg

I will not be paticipating in any of the contests, but I do intend to complete your puzzle on my own.

hunter-27

Passed Away Aug 14, 2013
In Memoriam
Rule concern

I did not take into consideration, the time zone differential affecting the "1st to solve" part. Due to that it would be slightly unfair to all to go this route as some would gain an advantage based on when the puzzle is issued. Have a better plan to determine the winner, I am stuck.:mad: Decided to post it here for help. I can forget the 1st to solve part and treat it more like a sweepstake event and only draw from correctly solved entries but I'd like to offer something else as well. Any thoughts?

mbroberg

hunter-27 said:
I did not take into consideration, the time zone differential affecting the "1st to solve" part. Due to that it would be slightly unfair to all to go this route as some would gain an advantage based on when the puzzle is issued. Have a better plan to determine the winner, I am stuck.:mad: Decided to post it here for help. I can forget the 1st to solve part and treat it more like a sweepstake event and only draw from correctly solved entries but I'd like to offer something else as well. Any thoughts?

Official forum time is EST.

hunter-27

Passed Away Aug 14, 2013
In Memoriam
I understand, but that is a very "odd time" for some of our international members if we start at a "normal time" here.

Last edited:

hunter-27

Passed Away Aug 14, 2013
In Memoriam
Thanks for the PM Mike, I think that was the idea I was looking for.

Edit in: I added the "rules" file.

Let me know what you think.

Attachments

• Crossord contest rules.doc
    25.5 KB · Views: 87
Last edited:

mbroberg

They look good to me. My only question is, since the rules state that the 2nd drawing will be held between all correct entries, will the winner of the first drawing also be included in the 2nd drawing.

hunter-27

Passed Away Aug 14, 2013
In Memoriam
Good point, I'll review the wording. Thanks.

Edit in: I added a word to clarify. There will be TWO (2) prizes awarded for this contest. To make it fair for all time zones, there will be a random drawing from those to get the correctly solved puzzle to me (via e-mail) within TWELVE (12)hours of the contest announcement (this post) and a consolation prize awarded to a random draw winner selected from all remaining and correctly completed puzzle entries

Last edited:
Top Bottom