$100 Worth

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from Old Griz

Status
Not open for further replies.

Old Griz

Passed Away Oct 4, 2013
In Memoriam
My first official pen sale... 4 red cedar slimlines, 2 in bright chrome and 2 satin nickel.. all to the same person..
It is amazing the range of colors that come out of red cedar... I love working in this wood... but you definately have to use a CA finish to harden it a bit..
These were placed directly on my scanner bed since I just can not get a good photo of pens yet... I will be working on getting that accomplished..

<center>4 Red Cedar Slimlines
2004670127_4Cedars.jpg

</center>

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Daniel

Tom,
The pens look great adn the scan works just fine, It really gets the look of the pen down well. As for the photo situation. keep checking in on the photo forum. Trust me it is all heading somewhere. I have more but am taking it in bite size pieces for now. as it all comes together and others join in it will become a powerful plae to get ideas for your photos. not only that but it will be equiped with the info needed to do it yourself.
It is sad when so many improve there abilities at penturning and then get hamstrung with the camera. Just isn't fair in my mind. But as you demonstrate there are alternatives.

Old Griz

Passed Away Oct 4, 2013
In Memoriam
Daniel... I think I am just going to break out the Nikon system and start doing the photography the way I was taught, LOL...
I have a good digital (Minolta Dimage 5) that takes great pics, but for some reason doing pens is driving me nuts...
The only problem with the Nikon is waiting to fill a roll and getting it developed. I am getting too impatient for that as I get older... LOL
The photo section is coming along great, very informative..

Daniel

Tom,
I certainly wouldn't mind having the examples of 35mm photos around to compaire with. I simply can't afford the developing on a regular basis. My funds fluctuate from non existant to plentiful al the time. (I still have my children at home).
I fight a strong urge to just grab my Canon and get back to soem no brainer photography myself.
I will try to get some comments about Flair adn a specific set up for taking pen pics as soon as I can. I was off work last week that's how I got so much done. But now I am living in the real world with the rest of you. so things will slow down.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom