Zodiac Circuit Board pen?

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

ed4copies

Local Chapter Manager
A VERY good question from Monty, this week!!

I started to answer, then realized I have not actually done this---so, I went down to my tiny shop, here at Exotics and made a video of turning this pen.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GQvxntimQUU&feature=youtu.be

There are many circuit board pen blanks offered. The one I chose is one we get from Berea--made in Taiwan. It starts out as a "D" shape as you would see on any blank made in a ResinSaver mold.

The reason I selected this particular blank is the height of the components that are embedded in the blank. From the circuit board blanks we offer, this is the most realistic and the one with the highest peaks on the components. So, if it will work with this one, it ought to work with any one you choose.

I am fairly happy with this video---though there are a couple of places where I have employed magnification techniques. These MAY show up as out of focus or pixelated, if you are viewing full screen on a larger screen.

As always, I am looking for feedback.

Was it out of focus for you? Could you see the point I was trying to emphasize, or should I give up this technique?

ALL comments are read and taken under consideration!!

Thanks for watching, let me know if you have questions I did not answer!!

Ed

longbeard

Here's a couple i done back in November. First circuit board blanks that i had turned. Zodiac's are great components.

IMG_20131216_145332.jpg

IMG_20131216_145127.jpg

Thanks for the video Ed

Harry

Last edited:

Monty

Group Buy Coordinator
Saw the video earlier this afternoon. I like it. Looks great. Too bad my customer decided she wanted a plainer looking pen.

stonepecker

Love the "Turning Tips" and always get new information on turning.
Todays video was wonderful and I look forward to using that kit myself.

Great looking finished pen Ed.

Top Bottom