Zing!

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Scott

It's a boring day at work (Christmas Eve is pretty quiet around here). So I was reading the paper, to see if anything was going on pertaining to work, of course. And I see a local sporting goods store has all their knives at 25% off. So I checked them out on the Internet, and they have a few things interesting.

One that stands out is the Kershaw Zing knife, which comes in both a black handle and an orange handle - the orange definitely caught my eye! The model number is 1735, and it was designed by R.J. Martin rather than Ken Onion. I really like the looks of this knife, especially the machining on the blade. I really wish it had the speed-safe mechanism, but alas it doesn't. It says it uses a flipper opener, and reviews I've read says it snaps open in a satisfying way.

But I thought I'd check in here with my knowledgeable and trustworthy friends to see if anybody has this knife and would be willing to expound upon it's performance. Here's a handy link:

http://www.kershawknives.com/productdetails.php?id=450&brand=kershaw

Christmas is coming up sometime soon, I think. Any opinions?

Scott.

philipff

knife

With that steel and handle material I would think it is just what a good hunter would need to field dress and elk or deer. I was just about to order one myself when I saw the Junkyard Dog model and went with that one. Amazing blade. Phil

txbob

Hi Scott,

I seem to be collecting all of Ken Onion's designs. Guess I can add an orange Zing to the collection. Nice knife! Thanks for posting it.

Happy New Year,
txbob

Top Bottom