Zen Pen magnets coming loose

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

philthephlier

I have turned about 15 Zen's and three have had the magnet come loose, two after they had been sold and the customer took delivery. Am I all alone? CSUSA says they have not heard of the problem before my call to them last week.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

redfishsc

This kind of thing drives me crazy. I fortunately haven't had this issue with the Zen, but I'll certainly keep an eye open for them. I think the Zen is a fantastic kit, and my customers love them.

How I wish one day one of our suppliers would truly institute some sort of real quality control instead of talk a bunch of jive about how their kits are so much better quality than all the others. Several companies do this, but really have difficulty actually following through with it. I can totally understand the occasional slip up, but there are some kits that just continuously have issues (every company has trouble kits--- I'm not singling out one over the other).

We can't expect perfection from any company, but good grief, if I am going to charge $50-60 for a ballpoint pen, the customer should at LEAST expect that it will fall apart LESS frequently than a 50-cent Bic ballpoint.

Is that too much to ask?

Modelmaker

Working in a mfg enviroment I can say from experience that nothing ever gets 100% inspection, usually they do "spot" check or random samples. sampling only 10% per batch.
that's why some things tend to get through.
With these magnets, I'm betting that they're fine in the factory but shipping, sitting in a hot truck, etc... tends to have an affect on the glue holding them in place

ed4copies

Local Chapter Manager
Yes, I have had two of the Zens (I've made fewer than 20) "disconnect" their magnets.

So, now you can call CSUSA and tell them you are NOT the only one with this problem. (Won't change anything, but you may feel better!!)

Top Bottom