Zen Pen issue

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

NorCal

I made my first Zen pen last week. This is actually one of my favorites now. I like the overall look very much especially how much wood you can show off with the single, long tube. And I like the magnetic cap for both ends.
I've used the pen maybe 5 times but also had a lot of people checking it out - and just about everyone has to play with the magnetized cap. But still pretty minimal use overall and no abuse. But today just with normal use taking the cap off the magnet breaks loose from the cap.

I cleaned it up and used some CA to hold it back in place but I'm wondering now if this is a common issue for this pen?

If it is then I figure to make a normal part of the process taking out the magnet and re-gluing it before giving this pen out to anyone.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Skye

This seems to be a problem with this pen. Aaron Lau in Hawaii sells a version with a screw-on cap - I like this much better and have made a few.

Link? I forgot to bookmark his page and I can never remember how to spell his username.

NorCal

thanks. You guys are really on the ball. I will definitely re-glue the ones that I have left and any future I will double-check - since cusa says all new production will be fixed.

GouletPens

I had this happen with one of my zens probably the 3rd time I took the cap off (luckily before I assembled and sold it to anyone). I admit this was a concern for me, and now seeing that they've fixed it I am much happier. Now if only they had the chrome and black titaniums in stock!!!!!!!!!:mad:

Woodlvr

Maybe we need to start a new thread in a forum so that we can post posts like these and we can find the discusions and remedy without having to search all over. I know that I have two or three Zen pen kits in stock and will need to glue the magnets in before putting them together. Thanks you guys for quick responses to solve the problem.

ed4copies

Local Chapter Manager
CAREFUL!!!!!!!!!!!!!

If you repair the Zen, make sure to seat the magnet all the way in.

I put the magnet in, flush with the cap edge ---WRONG!@!!!

It is inset into the cap a bit. IF you make my mistake, there is space between the cap and the tip when the pen is closed and it looks STUPID!!!!!

(Another pen for ME!)

ed4copies

Local Chapter Manager
Careful, Mike!!!

REmember, I have had 14 YEARS to collect them!

But, you ARE correct, I have NO pens for YOU, unless you want a couple!!!

GouletPens

There's an old saying, "The shoe maker's kids have no shoes". Does that mean the pen maker's kids have no pens? No, it just means the pen makers kids have a bunch of defunct pens!!

Top Bottom