Zen Front End

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Chuck Key

Made a Zen the other day and used a front section from Jr Gent. That front section kind of fit but the threads were not quite right. Re did the front using the same feeder and nib but made a new holder with threads the fit the Zen.

2008318204631_zen4.jpg

2008318204647_zen5.jpg

Chuckie

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Firefyter-emt

Now THAT is one of the nicer ones I have seen done! This is close to the method I used to fit the same part into the original section of that old Morrison I recently restored for my Dad. I like the fact that you left the chrome band, it flows very well with the thread coupler. Looks like you gave it some "extra" thread to hold it in place too.

DCBluesman

Passed Away Mar 3, 2016
In Memoriam
Extremely well-executed, however, in my (never) humble opinion, that kit is still a pig. You've put a beautiful shade of lipstick on it, but it's still a pig.

LEAP

Gosh Lou, why don't you tell us how you really feel about the kit?:D

Nice job Chuck, especially how you blended the nib, but I do agree with Lou, the kit just does not do it for me.

Chuck Key

I am doing most of my threads with a 7x12 mini metal lathe except for the threads that hold the feeder inside the section. Those are done with a tap.

A PIG? Well [8D]Kay, but something needs to be done with the cap. It is like pushing an elephant around when mounted on the pen either in closed position or when posted.

PenWorks

A PIG, this word seems to come up with this pen kit. [:0]

Is PIG a new fashion buzz word? Or is intended to mean it STINKS? [?]

My PIGs have been going out the front door, like Hogs to a slaughter ;) :D

Chuck Key

Originally posted by LEAP

Gosh Lou, why don't you tell us how you really feel about the kit?:D

Nice job Chuck, especially how you blended the nib, but I do agree with Lou, the kit just does not do it for me.

Please do not let the kit used get you down. The same section construction would fit a Baron, Sedona, Jr Gent ect. It would just need a different thread spec made for those kits. It could also be used for any custom kitless pen design.

Chuckie

Top Bottom