Zebrawood and Purpleheart Box for my filters

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from DurocShark

DurocShark

I modded my Strobist filters, and made a box to put them in from some scraps. I thought about making it shorter so I could cut off that chip in the back z-wood panel, but decided I'd keep it tall enough to fully protect the filters, and just deal with the chip. I sanded it smooth and that's it.

Finish is just spray poly.

Strobist Filters 2 by DurocShark, on Flickr

Strobist Filters 1 by DurocShark, on Flickr

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

kludge77

Nice box there Don. It's nice to see scraps reborn as with a classy function!

What is the joinery on that? Dowels?

DurocShark

it's probably obvious, but also obviously beyond my stream of knowledge...... what are the Strobist Filters used for??

Changing the color of the light coming from a camera flash unit. The ugly green in the pic, for example, gets the strobe light to closely match common fluorescent lighting. That way you can take a pic in an office with the camera's white balance set to fluorescent, and have the ambient light look normal instead of green when your camera's white balance is set to daylight or flash.

it's probably obvious, but also obviously beyond my stream of knowledge...... what are the Strobist Filters used for??

Changing the color of the light coming from a camera flash unit. The ugly green in the pic, for example, gets the strobe light to closely match common fluorescent lighting. That way you can take a pic in an office with the camera's white balance set to fluorescent, and have the ambient light look normal instead of green when your camera's white balance is set to daylight or flash.

Okay... I knew it was something beyond my comprehension... thanks.:confused:

Probably why I'll never be a good photographer... :biggrin::biggrin:

Top Bottom