Youth Beautiful Pen Contest Under 14 ages

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

clieb91

Snow days are here again. We will be in the shop tomorrow, already have the blank set up and my daughter is looking forward to entering a pen.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

clieb91

We are officially in. My daughter was super excited about how it turned out.

Good Luck to everyone, I hope a lot of folks got to or will spend some quality time in the shop with the kids.

mredburn

IAP Activities Manager
Staff member
We have another entry into the Pen contest and its a beauty!
Lots of great pens from great kids.

mredburn

IAP Activities Manager
Staff member
Its getting down to the wire! I hope your planning on getting your pen done and entered this weekend, you are running out of time!

edicehouse

As I sit in my office waiting on some paper work from production side, I reflect the last month. Flu's for me, my wife, and kids. Snowed in, shop flooding out, a couple call ins to work. I regret that my daughter will not be able to enter this year. We wish all the people entering good luck.

Buzzzz4

As I sit in my office waiting on some paper work from production side, I reflect the last month. Flu's for me, my wife, and kids. Snowed in, shop flooding out, a couple call ins to work. I regret that my daughter will not be able to enter this year. We wish all the people entering good luck.

Sorry to hear that. Hopefully soon you can get in the shop with her.

lyonsacc

Bummer - hope everyone is feeling better. We had the cruds run through our house in November.

And I still have one child that has not finished their pen.

mredburn

IAP Activities Manager
Staff member
The contest ends Monday evening at midnight surely you dont need any sleep for those two days.!

Cmiles1985

If my 2 year old helped drill it, and my 10 year old turned, finished, and assembled (with some assistance since he's never used the lathe before), does that qualify? Or must it be strictly one kiddo per pen?

mredburn

IAP Activities Manager
Staff member
Since they are too young to belong and your entering it under your name I will allow the pen. I would rather have them excited about being able to enter it than upset they cant. Also since most of our turners in this age group cant make the entire pen without assistance there is no advantage over other turners.

mredburn

IAP Activities Manager
Staff member
We have more than 12 entries this year and some great pens by all. You have this evening to get a pen in by midnight EST if your planning on entering.

mredburn

IAP Activities Manager
Staff member
Just a few more hours to get a pen in if you havent done so yet. We have 13 pens submitted so far.

Top Bottom