your opinion please...

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

DKF

I've seen them and that is a good price. I have seen a set of those cast iron legs go for over $100 alone. It could be a 1460, or a 46-111. It has obviously been painted, but if it is solid, it may be a good buy. OWWM.com has many photos of Delta lathes.

JimB

It looks similar but not the same as a 25 year old Rockwell I have. I got it for a steal at $50 as I've seen ones identical to mine for $200-350. If that one is anywhere near as old as mone you will want to check the MT and threads. Mine is MT1 and the threads on the headstock are not the same as my Jet1014 so you will want to be sure it comes with the accessories or that you are willing to buy what you need.

The other thing that looks similar to mine is that it can do outboard turning using the threaded end out the back of the headstock. If it does, you will need a LH (left hand) threaded faceplate etc for this and that may be more difficult to find.

Of course I could be wrong about all this since I am just going on the fact that it looks similar to the old lathe I have in my garage.

Mack C.

Passed Away Sep 29, 2018
In Memoriam
http://desmoines.en.craigslist.org/tls/917415384.html

never seen a delta like this, has anyone else?

i don't know if i can even afford it but i thought i'd at least get some second opinions on it.

thanks y'all.
That looks exactly like my 1460 except for the terrible paint job.

Lathe 012 (Medium).jpg

Top Bottom