Your favorite kit

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Rolland

The Baron and Sedona from Arizona Silhouette, I have never had one of the thread sections fail. Made both rollerball and fountain pens altho I change the nibs sometimes.

sbell111

My favorite is the good ol' cigar. The kit itself is plain enough and allows so much 'meat' to be left on the blank that it is a good showcase for most any blank.

Kenny Durrant

The Slimline. I guess it's one of the three I enjoy turning but the one I turn the most of. The kits are cheap and you can do several different things with them. I really like the cheap part because I give quite a few away.

Edgar

New Member Advocate
Staff member
I'm with Kenny - I like the slimline because it's cheap and flexible. I give most of my pens away, so I get more bang for the buck this way.

I also like the Sierra style pens, but I haven't settled on a particular favorite.

plano_harry

For big money I go with the Jr. Statesman, Retro is also a favorite, especially closed end. Mid-size, hard to beat the Cubano Hybrid. That hardware just looks and feels quality. Going slimmer, I like the Tetra stylus - same quality hardware look as the Cubano but can be made slimmer. Low end - Don has sold me on upgraded slims with better clips.

kingkeyman

My personal favorites are the slimline pro, and the vertex. I like the eagle and desire as well. But my best sellers are the knights armor, and the bolt action.

Rockytime

Since I'm new to turning I have not turned a big variety. But the slimline pens give me lots of practice. So I have ordered the 30 pen deal from Woodcraft. I will use them for give away and would like to donate to the guys in the military.

studioseven

My favorite kit? PSI used to have a designer style pen that had a screw on cap. It came in at least three finishes. Unfotunately they are no longer available. I still have about ten of the kits left and save them for when I have special blanks.

Seven

Top Bottom