Yesterdays Turnings

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from W.Y.

W.Y.

. . . and today's application of finish . Couple more coats required on a couple items..

The box on the left started out as a mug blank but I blew through the side of it by sheer carelessness and being in too much of a hurry.
The vase on the right for dry flowers also started out as a coffee mug blank but was full of knots and voids and worm holes so I kept turning away to see if I could get around them and wound up with that. Sometimes the wood (contrary to our plans) predicts what can be made from it .

Mug on left is elm and one on right is catalpa . Box and vase are both catalpa.

MugsandotherturningsSmall.jpg

Was playing around with texturing and spiraling again . This time on the ice cream scoops. .

Pardon the picture quality. Night lighting coupled with me being photography challenged .

TexturedscoophandlesSmall.jpg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

MAB11

Very nice! I love the finish on the mugs and vase. The textures look great also.

Two questions,
1) What is the item between the scoops and mugs?
2) Did you use a Wagner or something like that for your textures?

W.Y.

Very nice! I love the finish on the mugs and vase. The textures look great also.

Two questions,
1) What is the item between the scoops and mugs?

Oh DUH ! ! , thanks for pointing that out . My bad. I was going to apply another coat of finish on that before final assembly.

The brass part on the left side of the picture has a threaded center that accepts either a shoe horn or a back scratcher which are interchangeable.

Did you use a Wagner or something like that for your textures?
Today 06:11 PM

I initially tried a couple of the Wagner ones with not much luck. Then from advice from some members on my own Woodworking Friends site , I sent the Wagner's back and got the Sorby 3 piece Texturing/Spiralling set and it is much easier to use and able to get lots more effects. All I need with it now is more practice.

PenMan1

William:
You never cease to amaze me! The detailing on the IC scoops would do well here. All are nicely executed ( including the mug wannabe) and should sell easily, but I really, really like the scoops!

W.Y.

This is how the vase will be displayed at tomorrows craft sale.

Wife says if it doesn't bring the asking price she wants to keep it for herself.

393653271.jpg

Top Bottom