Yellow Socks

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

EBorraga

Passed Away July 17, 2022
In Memoriam
What foot does the yellow sock go on. It's been a little bit since I made a pen. But I can't get the dang CA finish perfect on the one i'm making right now. Tried about 3 times to no avail. Figured i'd try they yellow sock trick!

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

OKLAHOMAN

First you need to twirll it over your head 5 times clockwise, then place it on the left foot while standing in the bathtub on your right foot and make sure your shirt is red.

Haynie

I have been trying to stick my tongue out the left side, close the right eye, and wear a yellow sock. no luck. I am going for the chicken sacrifices soon.

You folks who do these CA finishes have my admiration. It does make me giggle though when the paper towel is ripped from my fingers and goes thwop thwop thwop around the lathe.

EBorraga

Passed Away July 17, 2022
In Memoriam
Kamikazee's!!!! Been awhile since I had those. But I sure liked them. Might have some later tonight Mike!!

Apparently the yellow sock has to be on your left foot. Also have on my trusty White Sox hat, a Hawaiian tshirt, camaflouge shorts, commando underwear, flipflops, and Luciano Pavaroti playing on the radio. All this while singing the Hillbilly war chant during the entire process:eek:

Pretty sad, all i've turned is acrylic for a few months. Now trying to turn some wood and it took me 4 times to get a good CA finish on it. Must be the freaking weather or something.

Last edited:

hunter-27

Passed Away Aug 14, 2013
In Memoriam
Kamikazee's!!!! Been awhile since I had those. But I sure liked them. Might have some later tonight Mike!!

Apparently the yellow sock has to be on your left foot. Also have on my trusty White Sox hat, a Hawaiian tshirt, camaflouge shorts, commando underwear, flipflops, and Luciano Pavaroti playing on the radio. All this while singing the Hillbilly war chant during the entire process:eek:

Pretty sad, all i've turned is acrylic for a few months. Now trying to turn some wood and it took me 4 times to get a good CA finish on it. Must be the freaking weather or something.
I vote this.:wink:

bitshird

I have been trying to stick my tongue out the left side, close the right eye, and wear a yellow sock. no luck. I am going for the chicken sacrifices soon.

You folks who do these CA finishes have my admiration. It does make me giggle though when the paper towel is ripped from my fingers and goes thwop thwop thwop around the lathe.

Mark, We tried that this afternoon, ate half a bucket of fried chicken (which was a sacrificed and blessed bird) but the finish still looks like garbage, and now so does the chicken!!!!

Top Bottom