Yellow Cedar Burl Cigar, My 3rd Pen

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from BigRob777

Status
Not open for further replies.

BigRob777

Here is my 3rd pen, which is a yellow cedar burl cigar, with black chrome. Thanks to Lou, it isn't backwards anymore. I installed the CB on the wrong end of the right half. Lou told me how to remove it with no damage to the wood, or the hardware. Thanks Lou, you are a credit to IAP. Anyway, I made a couple of other goofs, like the nick that shows, with the black bearing dust, in the CA at the CB. It is rather obvious, along with the fact that the clip end is slightly oversized. I really need a 6" tool rest.

So, comments are welcome. Just remember that I am a fragile whisp of a man LOL. This will be MY pen. I'm going to get better shots of this. I used a flourescent bulb in my kitchen, as I don't have my booth set up yet. I'm using the one Jimgo suggested.

200510245118_ybbagain.jpg

200510244958_yellowcedarburlcigar.jpg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

BigRob777

Jim,
It will be part of my burl special coming up, when some of my Australian Eucalyptus Burl blanks dry more thoroughly. I have to get my kiln built. I wish I had more to spread around, but my next batch is on back order for a month or more. I get it from Canada. Thanks for asking.
Rob

JimGo

Johnny, having met Rob, I can attest that he'd NEED something this round! Fragile whisp of a man...ha! Rob, it looks great! Keep up the good work!

wayneis

Rob those are nice looking pens, a little to rounded for my taste but I still like them. The yellow cedar is very nice, I've heard that burls in cedars are rare, they do burl but it is rare that you will find them. I was fortunate to pick up a couple blanks and I really liked them, very similar to yours. I am always on the lookout for the different and rare stuff.

Wayne

Cam

There has been a couple of what I call "yellow cedar burls" in my basement for the last 30 years. (they were here when I moved in) The grain is quite pronounced in mine. Sure is different than yours. The link below shows a yellow cedar pen I did. I got my bushings backwards for a european pen and switched to sliimline bushings on each end with a black slimline kit.

http://www3.telus.net/public/lilab/yellow%20cedar%20pen1.jpg

Cam

Originally posted by BigRob777
<br />Here is my 3rd pen, which is a yellow cedar burl cigar, with black chrome. Thanks to Lou, it isn't backwards anymore. I installed the CB on the wrong end of the right half. Lou told me how to remove it with no damage to the w

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom