Wynn Filters for Jet 1900 Dust Collector

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

PenMan1

I just got a Jet Model 1900 (twin cannister) 3 HP dust collector, really cheap. I bought it used (as Jet no longer makes this one). It has never been used. It seems like a great dust collector, but it is not a cyclone.

I can't afford to make it a cyclone right now, but I wonder if anyone has used the Wynn 35 cannister filters on this collector. A friend added the Wynn to his single bag Jet. It made it quieter and more efficient. His shop also seems cleaner after the conversion.

Thanks for any help.

Crayman

I just got the Wynn 35 cartridge for Christmas and love it, the increase in suction in noticeable. I do not have the space for a separator, so I did a modification to my 2HP HF collector putting an internal separator in. This work's great, cleaned the shop got a 1/3 of a bag of dust and took off the filter, could not see any dust in the filter.

Wildman

I do not see why Wynn canister will not work on this system. Have read the canisters that came with Jet 1900 were either 2 or 5 micron where Wynn canisters are either 1.0 or 0.5 microns. The Jet 1900A comes with 30 micron bags which are totally useless.

I would call, fax, or email Wynn, just jump to contact info..

Filter Kit for Harbor Freight, Jet, Delta, Grizzly, Shop Fox, General, Wood Tek, and Penn State.

http://www.wynnenv.com/35A_series_cartridge_kit.htm

ctubbs

Andy, I converted my HF to the Wynn. When I did it there was no kit, so I just ordered the filter and built what it took to make it fit. I decided that I needed a separator to reduce the bag changing and built mine out of a metal garbage can. You are right, It took up way too much space, so I built a stand for it above the motor of the DC.
My DC now runs quieter with more air flow and less getting into the bag. I bought the 0.5 micron filter and the plastic bags by Wynn. I'll not go back. This mod is highly recommended. If anyone cares, I can post photos. She isn't pretty, but she works.
Charles
PS; Here is a link to all hyou ever wanted to know about DC and then some. Bill has studied this for a career.
[FONT=Arial, Arial, Helvetica] http://billpentz.com/woodworking/cyclone/DCConversion.cfm
Charles
[/FONT]

Last edited:
Top Bottom