WWII Aircraft Nose Art

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Fireengines

I went to Zazzle and created a sheet of WWII aircraft nose art stickers. I also added a WWII Navy recruting poster.

Now I need ideas for the blank to use.

Attachments

• noseart.jpg
    noseart.jpg
    37 KB · Views: 3,153
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

76winger

I've seen some shown on this site but don't know if they're selling them through a vendor or maybe direct. Do some searches for steampunk and it should get you started down the path of finding some.

Also, hopefully someone with more familiarity with them may come by and offer some additional info for you.

reddwil

Where can I purchase the Steampunk blanks?

Make them your self. You need to apply the decals to the metal before they are cast for the best look. I have done several with the pinup girl nose art and they look great. You can also paint the foil tape with testors spray paint after you do the rivets, with the aircraft colors. After it drys lightly sand with abarant or steel wool to make the rivets shine through.

Feel free to PM me and I can walk you through it.
:)

Last edited:

alphageek

Former Moderator
I think the steampunk blanks are great, but would over power the nose art. If you are going to go the steampunk route, I think understated would be better... just some (fewer) rivets over a single color so the nose-art is the highlight.

Personally, I love the idea and I need to find some art - I think I would like to try this (I've never tried decals yet)... But I think I'm going to go with this blank as the backdrop: Metallic Silver

Fireengines

I just ordered the Metallic Silver from Exotic Blanks.

Keep in mind, these are stickers no decals. The stickers are real easy to work with.

Zazzle has a real nice interface. All you have to do is choose "create your own sticker", import the graphic from your computer, adjust the size, and add it to your cart.

As you can see, I added three graphics of different sizes on one sheet. Total cost for four sheets as $18.00.

76winger

Top Bottom