Wowza!!

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

RAdams

Banned
Today, I recieved my first ever "Pen kit in a box". In fact, i had no idea there was a box built with a cellophane window so you could view a component set.

Nothing "Junior" about the Jr. Emperor Rhodium/ black titanium Fountain. I just hope i don't murder it.

Talk about nervous...:eek:

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

leehljp

Member Liaison
I know the feeling! After so many times with slimlines, then Sierras, then Cigars and a few other and to see that. Great feeling!

bracky1

:biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

I've recently completed my first couple of pen kits in a box :biggrin:

If you've not ordered some spare tubes you have every right to be nervous.
It fair concentrates the mind :biggrin:

Good luck and post some pics:)

fernhills

Well don`t do what i did, throw away the plastic connection in the cap, thinking it was just packing. Then going to the curb 12:00 at night going through garbage with a flash light. Cars going by giving you a funny look. Give a quick look at the directions.

ed4copies

Local Chapter Manager
Well, this is interesting.

MY first reaction to a pen kit in a box was, "I'll bet it would cost 2 bucks LESS if they ditched this fancy packaging!!" Customer is never gonna KNOW how pretty it was when I received it!!!

I guess I am jaded!!

RAdams

Banned
:sleepy:
Well, this is interesting.

MY first reaction to a pen kit in a box was, "I'll bet it would cost 2 bucks LESS if they ditched this fancy packaging!!" Customer is never gonna KNOW how pretty it was when I received it!!!

I guess I am jaded!!

My FIRST reaction was over the phone. I was at a jobsite, and my wife called to tell me the box arrived. I asked her to open it, and inside were the accessory kit for the Jr. Gent, One Rh. Jr. Gent, and this magnificent writing insturment in a white box. My wife made it sound as though the white box was designed to house the finished pen, so i was impressed!

THEN i got home and looked at it. NO WAY i would put this pen back in this box after it is finished, so my reaction was similar to yours at that point. Their money would have been better served in air cushion baggies or something...

The components (trying to train myself to only use this word) are simply top notch. The threads are like silk. The finish is spotless. The embellishments are sharp as a tack. The first set of components i have ever seen and not immediately thought to myself "Self, How can we modify this thing to make it better... or cooler?". If it doesn't sell at the show, I think i will pocket this thing! In fact, i think i will price it with that in mind. If someone buys it, they will REALLY havta want it cause it ain't gona be cheap!

RAdams

Banned
Well don`t do what i did, throw away the plastic connection in the cap, thinking it was just packing. Then going to the curb 12:00 at night going through garbage with a flash light. Cars going by giving you a funny look. Give a quick look at the directions.

Exactly what part are you referring to? The black piece that is attached to the cap center band? I noticed that the end or that piece is tapered, so i kinda figured it was supposed to be there. The part that got me was the white cap over the nib. I just figured this was to protect the nib in transit and is otherwise trash. I read the instructions and this white piece is not mentioned.

ed4copies

Local Chapter Manager
History time:

The white cap once served a purpose, when caps "clicked onto" the pen. The white cap was the mechanism that held the cap on.

Now, it is garbage. (Unless someone knows a function)

Top Bottom