Would you like to meet...

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

ed4copies

Local Chapter Manager
the 45 cal pen??

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=znS9ZL2Ku9U

I have now made a couple and this video will show what I have learned and what pitfalls I can help you avoid!!
(BTW, I would drill with a 25/64" instead of the 10 mm the instructions suggest!!)

Available here: http://www.exoticblanks.com/45-Caliber-Bullet-Pen-Kit/

The one I like the best is made from black "alternate Ebony". I will add a pic in this thread, later.

The pen, as I said a couple days ago, is top-heavy, but when writing, that weight rests on the top of your hand. Writing is very comfortable!! The click mechanism works well on the ones I have made. The diameter of the turned piece IS CRITICAL!! I show in the vid a method of checking your work BEFORE you assemble---disassembly WILL be difficult, so you would be well advised to be accurate. (AFTER finishing any wood you might use, check again before assembling!!)

I suspect this pen will do very well with "gun guys"!!

Comments are always welcome!

ED

Last edited:
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

TonyL

Watched it late last night. Excellent all around. Ed, are likely to spare many from mistakes and headaches. Thank you.

diamundgem

rose engine

Hi Ed,
It's, been a long time since I posted on the site. I am 80 years old and haven't posted in a long time and forgot how. I have a hand made rose engine machine for sale. I knew you would how and where to post it.
I may be the oldest member on the site. Diamundgem.

Hope you can tell me where and how to post my machine also, have a pressure pot for sale

Ed;
I gotta say, I'm not too impressed with the new .45 cal Bullet pen kit. I only made two of the kits so far, but with both of them, the decorative ring was VERY loose and had to be glued to the metal barrel. The Clip mechanism was also loose fitting into the other end of the barrel. Also the required straight turning between the bushing leaves NO room for any creativity. Having said all this, they both sold sight un-seen by local gun nuts. And even if I don't care for the kit, I will probably make more for my customers! Walnut looks really cool as it reflects the walnut grips on original 1911's.

Top Bottom