Would some like help

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from khallpens

khallpens

I Have just been told I have type 2 diabetes and I to carry around a test meter and supplies. Would anyone like to try and make me an organizer case. I would like it made out of some very nice wood. If you could give me some kind of price range I would like to know.

Thanks

Keith

AKBeaver

All the meters that I have seen come with a case that hold the meter, lancet, strips and a log book. Each meter is different, and they come out with smaller meters all the time. I would hold off on a wood case until you get your meter and figure out what you would change with the cloth case.

I was diagnosed 2.5 years ago. Learning portion control and learning what effects my blood sugar was the hardest, but after a couple months I pretty much had it down. Going out to eat is still a challenge, mainly due to what the restaurants have on the menu. If they don't have low carb selections, I will have a burger with no bun. I love bananas, but can only have 1/2 of one now, or I can have 1 1/2 cups of watermelon. Guess which one I have.

I highly suggest keeping a diary of everything you eat and drink including the amounts. This will give you an idea of where you need to adjust to keep your sugar levels under control. You face some challenges over the next couple months learning what you can and can't have. Anything white is now off limits. For me my target is 30g carbs per meal. I suggest you start there and adjust as needed, unless the doc has given other goals. If you are having a high level walk around for 15 minutes or so. If you are having a low, apple sauce in the foil packs is good as is baby apple juice.

I also suggest getting the Diabetic Bible, and one of the low glycemic books.

Do not let this diagnoses get you down! It is not a death sentence, unless you ignore the doctor and do not get it under control.

If you would like more info, please pm, or e-mail me.

Sent from my iPad using Forum Runner

Last edited:
Top Bottom