Worthless Bolt

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from skiprat

skiprat

Passed Away Mar 22, 2022
In Memoriam
Just finished this final bolt pen. :biggrin: ( no more bolts left :frown: )

Stainless Steel and Polyester Resin segments ( or inlays if you prefer.:wink: )

Hope you like:biggrin:

You can see how it was made here

Attachments

• WorthlessBoltOpen.jpg
    WorthlessBoltOpen.jpg
    46.2 KB · Views: 435
  • WorthlessBoltCapped2.jpg
    WorthlessBoltCapped2.jpg
    43.7 KB · Views: 326
Last edited:
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

hewunch

Maybe it is just the picture, but the cap looks shinier than the body. Regardless, it is a wonderful piece of art.

bluwolf

I was gonna say, no more bolts, whatdaya gonna do now? But then, you've pretty much done it all:biggrin:

Mike

skiprat

Passed Away Mar 22, 2022
In Memoriam
Hans, well caught!!:biggrin: I think it may have been grubby fingerprints. I just rebuffed it and swapped the pic. Thanks.

Jon, I shape the PR segments as neatly as possible by hand, then heat it up quite a bit. I then clamp it fairly tight to the steel. This squeezes some of the PR to form a bit inside the steel body giving a larger CA glue surface.
In this old thread, you can see how I clamp the PR while heating it up. ( didn't want to bump the thread though )
I then re-drill for the refill with a slightly smaller bit than I used to make the hole in the steel. A Q-tip with CA on it then coats the inside. Lotsa fun!!:biggrin:

Last edited:

skiprat

Passed Away Mar 22, 2022
In Memoriam
Many thanks:biggrin:

In the pic it appears that the cap threads have got dirt in them but I just rechecked and it must be a shadow or reflection cos they are spotless ( I promise:biggrin: )

firewhatfire

From best I can tell if you want a bolt all you gotta do find some ore on the ground and do whatever magic it is you do to transform it.

That thing is just crazy cool.

Phil

Texatdurango

I'd say what a marvelous job but you'd just get a big head so I'll just say....... Another creation up to your standard! :)

Did I say it's good to see you posting again.

Tom D

Steven: That is one FANTASTIC pen. It goes to show we are only limited by our creativity and of course a few tools. I see you have no limits.

Top Bottom