World's first modular pen.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

jttheclockman

CREID

jttheclockman

OK there is your idea. Lets see you run with it. Like to see some of the many new members step up and start putting some ideas forth. This site is yours. Lets see what you got.

Do a google search for pens and see the many ideas out there. I use Bing images alot and get many ideas.

Say What?

The say what is you stumbled onto a good idea for a pen so lets see you take that idea and incorporate it into a pen of your own. This is what you call thinking outside the box and taking on a challenge. This is what I talked about in another thread about the new talent here. We need to see the young guns step forward:)

Use the idea of magnets in a pen. Skiprat did it. Buy the pen and now you have the magnets. Build a pen around them. They sell small magnets on ebay if you do not want to buy the pen. You do not have to be able to make all those figures. Just make a pen.

I just noticed something, you joined in 2008. Not so much of a young gun here any more.:biggrin:

Last edited:

CREID

OK there is your idea. Lets see you run with it. Like to see some of the many new members step up and start putting some ideas forth. This site is yours. Lets see what you got.

Do a google search for pens and see the many ideas out there. I use Bing images alot and get many ideas.

Say What?

The say what is you stumbled onto a good idea for a pen so lets see you take that idea and incorporate it into a pen of your own. This is what you call thinking outside the box and taking on a challenge. This is what I talked about in another thread about the new talent here. We need to see the young guns step forward:)

Use the idea of magnets in a pen. Skiprat did it. Buy the pen and now you have the magnets. Build a pen around them. They sell small magnets on ebay if you do not want to buy the pen. You do not have to be able to make all those figures. Just make a pen.

I just noticed something, you joined in 2008. Not so much of a young gun here any more.:biggrin:

Well, I have been tuning pens for over 10 years and have been a member here since 2008 so I wouldn't classify myself as new talent. I wouldn't classify myself as new at all considering how old I feel sometimes. :tongue:

I think the pen is interesting, so I thought some people might want to see it. But to tell you the truth, I wouldn't use it, and I really don't want to make a pen out of magnets. It really seems like a toy to me and magnets were really cool about 50 years ago, now there just magnets.

Curt

Smitty37

Passed Away Mar 29, 2018
In Memoriam
I think it's silly.
When I was in elementary school I would have loved it....something to play with while the teacher was busy with other classes (I went to school where there were multiple grades sharing the class room) Today I don't think it would work for that, the kids are too busy texting and playing with their "screens".

jttheclockman

Curt

No problem. I have to say it was a bad read on my part. I misread you by 1000% I followed some of your questions and replys to threads lately here. I do not remember you from years gone by. I had the impression you were a new comer and thought you might be up for a challenge. I should have read your bio before that.

My Bad as they say.:)

Good luck and happy turning.

There is some potential in a pen of sorts with magnets. Maybe I will add it to my ever growing list of possibles. :)

CREID

I think it's silly.
When I was in elementary school I would have loved it....something to play with while the teacher was busy with other classes (I went to school where there were multiple grades sharing the class room) Today I don't think it would work for that, the kids are too busy texting and playing with their "screens".

I remember back in the dark ages, well when I was in elementary school, we used to have science time or something and I remember learning about magnets then. The most exciting thing we did with them was try to put the 2 same polar ends together.

Curt

CREID

Curt

No problem. I have to say it was a bad read on my part. I misread you by 1000% I followed some of your questions and replys to threads lately here. I do not remember you from years gone by. I had the impression you were a new comer and thought you might be up for a challenge. I should have read your bio before that.

My Bad as they say.:)

Good luck and happy turning.

There is some potential in a pen of sorts with magnets. Maybe I will add it to my ever growing list of possibles. :)

That's ok, I wasn't active for a while, for financial reasons I didn't turn much for a few years and then I ended up with carpal tunnel and had to have surgery, my hand is better now and I can turn, even though 2 fingers are still numb.

Curt

Joe_C

Magnetic Pen - Magnetix toys BANNED

I love the pen and in fact am considering purchasing one for myself... With that said... The parts seems identical to the old 'Magnetixs' toys which have been banned / put out of business due to children swallowing the magnets where they would would then 'join up' pinching off circulation in various locations. 1 kid actually dies. It worries me there is not any type of warning such as "ages ?? and up" ... Just food for thought.

CREID

I love the pen and in fact am considering purchasing one for myself... With that said... The parts seems identical to the old 'Magnetixs' toys which have been banned / put out of business due to children swallowing the magnets where they would would then 'join up' pinching off circulation in various locations. 1 kid actually dies. It worries me there is not any type of warning such as "ages ?? and up" ... Just food for thought.

I remember that, I think it may have pinched off the intestine and caused the death. That was a few years ago. And your right, they should have warning labels.

Curt

jttheclockman

If you are thinking of buying one, check out ebay and punch in magnetic pen. Get them alot cheaper. All from China and Malaysia. No rules there.

That principle is used in a few toys sold on QVC for the holidays.

Top Bottom