WOOLY MAMMOTH TOOTH CIGAR

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from firewhatfire

firewhatfire

Here is a what used to be a set of knife scales. It wasn't thick enough to make without laminating something between them. I used quarter sawn oak as my inbetween piece. This stuff smells worse than deer horn and is harder than tru-stone. At least it seemed that way to me. Comment and critique are always welcome and thanks for looking.
MAMMOTHTOOTH001.jpg

MAMMOTHTOOTH002.jpg

MAMMOTHTOOTH003.jpg

MAMMOTHTOOTH004.jpg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

vallealbert

Love it...well done. The only thing I would make different is to use a solid color dark wood for the inlay...probably Ebony or something similar... it would creates a dark frame that highlight mammoth tooth...just my taste...but yours is fine too :wink:. Thanks for sharing.

Last edited:

BSea

That is absolutely gorgeous. I would never sell that pen.

Well, OK, I would, but it would cost somebody a pretty penny. Great job!

firewhatfire

I am the guy that learns things the hard way. If I really thought that I would have finished without destroying it I might have used some other material as an insert. I figured if it held the quartersawn would look decent enough with it. I actually have 2 more pair of mammoth tooth knife scales. they are a redish dyed pair and a yellowish dyed pair. I may try again sometime down the road.

thanks for looking.

maxman400

This stuff smells worse than deer horn and is harder than tru-stone. At least it seemed that way to me.
Great looking Pen, and Nope It's not just you, These things must have had really bad breath in their day. LOL Mine was made from knife scales also but I used 1/8" diamond wood to put them together. Two black and one blue.

Attachments

• DSC08325.jpg
    DSC08325.jpg
    31.2 KB · Views: 384
Top Bottom