WooHoo! Today Only HF 7x10 $375!

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

plano_harry

Just picked up a 7x10 at Harbor Freight and got 25% off the $499 sale price. Coupon on their website.:biggrin:

Happy turning,
Harry

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

PennedDown

Harry, Nice score on that! I bought mine a few months back with a $399 coupon and still messing with it and tweaking it a bit before I delve into making some pen parts.

plano_harry

I assumed the 25% didn't apply on the sale price and was ready to pay $450, but the manager said it did, so I thought my pen buddies might want to know.

I am hoping to sell my Unimat SL 1000 on ebay for $500 cover this new indulgance. :) It was a little small and the accessories are limited and EXPENSIVE now - plus I got tired of turning the little feed wheel! The 7x10 forums convinced me that this lathe had potential and maybe even a CNC mod if I sell pens faster than I can make them. :biggrin: After Roy (OKLAHOMAN) showed me what a power feed will do to ebonite, I was sold.

Harry, Nice score on that! I bought mine a few months back with a $399 coupon and still messing with it and tweaking it a bit before I delve into making some pen parts.

ffloyd

Was out this afternoon and made it to Harbor Freight. They honored the 25% off of the sale price ... net $374.95 (plus sales tax).

I am a novice when it comes to meta lathe technology. Is this going to be adequate to turn the threads for a kitless pen?

plano_harry

Was out this afternoon and made it to Harbor Freight. They honored the 25% off of the sale price ... net $374.95 (plus sales tax).

I am a novice when it comes to meta lathe technology. Is this going to be adequate to turn the threads for a kitless pen?

Glad you scored the good deal:)

The 7x10 has quite a following and should be no problem for kitless work. Haven't tried one yet, so I can't help much on that. I will be learning too. A lot of the threading seems to be done with taps and dies, using the lathe off, just for positioning. Probably need to post that question on the fountain pen or advanced pen turning forums.

Harry

dbledsoe

I had every intention of doing the same thing, but the HF in Jackson, MS did not have the lathe in stock. Since it was and in-store coupon, I guess I will have to wait.

Top Bottom