Woodworkers pencil kit

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from John M

John M

I was at the Norcal meet up this past weekend, met lot of good people. I picked up some of Nolans rosewood because I have never turned any and it is some good looking stuff. I had a big ol pile of blanks, his stuff is unbelievable. But I settled on just a few. I had to make something special out of it so I wanted to make my dad a few pens for Fathers day. The first one is a Woodworkers pencil kit from Woodcraft. I saw one at the meet up turned by Nava1uni and thought it was really cool. My dad just built his shop ( he moved to texas after he retired a few years ago:frown:) so I thought this would be a good first part of the present. Next I am going to turn a Navigator, which would be my first screw on top pen. Hopefully that one will turn out as nice as this one. I am still having trouble with my CA finishes, I was careful on this one so I did not get the shine I was hoping.

Attachments

• Dadspencil.jpg
    Dadspencil.jpg
    57.2 KB · Views: 212
  • Dadspencil1.jpg
    Dadspencil1.jpg
    59.8 KB · Views: 167
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

John M

Thank you for the compliments.

Turns out I have been doing my CA finish wrong. I watched some bids on Youtube so tonight I will try again on the Navigator and hopefully it will work out.

John M

Nolan's blanks are incredible, there were so many to chose from it makes your head spin. Not to mention he was super cool.

Top Bottom