Woodturningz not selling PSI kit

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

loglugger

These kits have been around for over a year. I have 16 that I had to eat because I waited about 11 months to put them together. Check your kits when you get them or you way be out of luck. The kits are from WZ.
Bob

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

DocStram

Originally posted by loglugger

These kits have been around for over a year. I have 16 that I had to eat because I waited about 11 months to put them together. Check your kits when you get them or you way be out of luck. The kits are from WZ.
Bob

Bob ... did you talk with WZ about returning them?

loglugger

Al, Yes I did, long story, I called and they said I had bought them 11 months ago and that was to long. The tubes were to big the tips and transmissions slide in very easy I sent the tubes back anyway and they did send me new tubes but that didn't do the job, it helped and with a little CA I got the tips to stay in but the tubes still slipped and would not turn the transmission. That is why I said to check the kits when you get then but it is kind of hard to see if the tips are going to fit until you put them together. I have always gotten the Fancy pen kits from them and up to that time they had been good. I get 20 at a time and always keep 20 ahead is why it had been 11 months.
Bob

tnick

Hello Gang - This is Tracey from Wood-N-Whimsies. Tim and I are reading all the posts and as pen turners and suppliers we value opinions from everyone. We have been using the same supplier for all but the first six months of our existence. We do take a sample of every shipment that comes to us and work with our vendor if there are quality issues. We do rely heavily on customer feedback to make improvements and take it seriously as we also turn these kits. We work hard to balance quality/price. Greed is not part of our motto. We started supplying because we wanted to be able to help people get the supplies they wanted for their turning projects at a fair price. You can't rip people off and get them to come back for more. We do stand behind everything we sell regardless if it's from PSI (via their overseas supplier) or ours. We know we can't please everyone 100% of the time but do aim to please the majority. If you have suggestions at any time feel free to let us know. [:I]

ed4copies

Local Chapter Manager
To all:

Since Tracey has posted, I feel obliged to say she and Tim have treated ME very well. Their products are not always perfect - I seldom complain, but when I make a "casual comment" the next order includes FREE parts to make up for any problems.

THEY are doing THEIR best and I appreciate it. As I have said, I EXPECT to have some problems - if we want lower cost suppliers, there WILL be a learning curve. All Tracey and Tim can do, is their best - and they do.

YOU can purchase from higher price, more established companies and pay more. I will continue to buy what I can from "Ma & Pa" and hope that they remember me when they get "bigger, stronger".

BEST OF EVERYTHING to you, Tracey and Tim. From time to time I will replace a transmission - BIG DEAL!!! At pennies a piece, I'll get over it!

arioux

Well, i have to dig myself in again.
I have read a lot of good thing about Wood'n wimshies after sale service and that is great. The only thing that stop me from buing from them is that i want the best for my custommer and don't have to worry too much about pens coming back to me. I make part of my living from selling those pens. Continuing to sell that poor quality stuff and knowing it, don't put them i my category of suppliers even if they were the best person in the world. And ED, please this is not an attack on them, this apply to all those reseller that don't really care about the quality of what they sell, hiding behind a good after sale service. Woodturningz did the same mistake and is actually getting rid of all this stuff. That for me is what caring for your custommers is all about. That' my position and i stick to it. Last post for me on this subject.

Alfred

ed4copies

Local Chapter Manager
Alfred,

We are not that far apart on our philosophy. I will be very disappointed if I have a bunch of pens coming back for repair. BUT, I believe that will not be a problem.

Because, I think BAD components tend to fail pretty quickly. IF I get a pen back within a couple weeks, the purchaser will be THRILLED if I repair it instantly and cheerfully. I will probably sell MORE pens to them right then!

If I am wrong, it COULD hurt me.

I am NOT trying to tell YOU how to do business - but for ME, the risk is worth it - I am a small business, competing (in my REAL life) with Xerox, HP and a bunch of other "BIG budget guys". I will try to help the SMALL businesses wherever possible - color me an incurable romantic - I'd like to HELP them succeed.

Remember, the worst that can happen is I lose a "slimline" customer (and about a $10 per pen profit). I can absorb that loss, if necessary.

Brewmeister35

Some of us do different types of business and that's because of different customer base. I sell high end AND lower end pens and will use whatever it is that people are looking for. I can't talk someone who only wants to spend $20 on a pen into $45 because it's a higher quality and I won't try to. I explain the different types of platings and let them choose for themselves. I can also vouch for Tim and Tracy as I had a silly problem once and they didn't have to do anything, but they replaced what was sent at no charge and very quickly. I won't hesitate to go back to them for that type of kit just because of that kind of service.

Top Bottom