woodsmith magazine

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Falcon1220

I did a quick search and found that the topic of magazines have been around for a while, but still wanted to ask the questions.

Woodshop has an offer for all back issues on CD and online (210 issues) for $99
I have seen one or two issues in the past, but have never subscribed to them.
What is the general oppinion about this magazine?
Is that a good deal?
Back Issue Library - Woodsmith Magazine

Bill Arnold

I've been getting the magazine in the mail for several years. Last year, I bought the back issue DVD because I thought it was a good idea and still do.

In an effort to 'go digital' on more things as well as clear out some bookshelf space, I also bought the back issue DVDs for Wood Magazine and Fine Woodworking. I consider all to be worth the price.

Wood Butcher

Local Chapter Leader
I signed on for the magazine when they were doing the original promo. I have every issue and mos all of the indexes. Been thinking of putting them on eBay or Craig's just haven't pulled the trigger. My opinion, it's the best of the best for woodworkers. I also have all but maybe 4 of the New Yankee Workshop shows on DVD, converted most from VHS. If you're gonna get into woodworking on a regular basis go for it. Get a copy or two at the magazine/bookstore and check 'em out. They have special offers for the mag (I like to take them to the shop while I'm building a project) sometimes for $14 a year if you take a 2 year subscription.
WB
If you're interested in the past issues PM me and we'll discuss it.

Last edited:

TimS124

I love the disc versions because I can purged the old paper ones and recover vast quantities of shelf space. I have the Woodsmith disc as well as the one with back issues of Fine Woodworking. Still need to actually purge the paper issues out (they oldest ones are buried in a closet but one of these days...). :biggrin:

Top Bottom