Wooden Pen Pro Traditional Rollerball

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

cschimmel

I made my first Traditional Rollerball from Wooden Pen Pro and I really like the kit. Its very different and I have not had a snap on cap before. Have any of you guys used one for any length of time because I'm wondering if the tube scratches the nib as its put off and on over and over. Thanks

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

bruce119

I made my first Traditional Rollerball from Wooden Pen Pro and I really like the kit. Its very different and I have not had a snap on cap before. Have any of you guys used one for any length of time because I'm wondering if the tube scratches the nib as its put off and on over and over. Thanks

I use his kit a lot I am getting ready to buy another 100 traditional RB. I haven't had any issues but I am using the comments to make desk pens. The kit is cheap and versatile kind of like the slimline of rollerballs. The refill that comes with the kit stinks throw it away and get a better one. Some of the problems with screw-on caps the threads scratch the NIB. Not a problem with this kit it snaps on and it's plastic. I adjust the grab or grip pressure of the snap-on cap. I want it loser and to come off easer with one hand since it is a desk pen. What I do after pressing in the brass clip final before I screw in the plastic NIB holder I trim off one of the **** inside that cause the NIB to snap in. That loosens the fit and you can work the cap with one hand.

If you want to adjust the pressure to pull the cap off easer just carefully trim, a tiny bit at a time, off one tit with a xacto knife and screw in and check. If you take too much off you can bugger it up real fast and there's no fixing it or getting a replacement.

For the cost of the kit you can't but individual components to build your own pen. All I use is the NIB the plastic snap on piece and the clip final and the NIB coupling. So I have clips and end caps left over. Oh another thing the tubes this kit uses is standard cigar tubes so you buy them in length for more possibilities.

I don't do this kit any more... personally, I prefer the screw on kits.. I've had trouble getting the snap on to fit right and not feel loose when the pen is closed. The pen itself looks great, but I don't like the fit of the cap...It's just not my choice of style....

bruce119

I don't do this kit any more... personally, I prefer the screw on kits.. I've had trouble getting the snap on to fit right and not feel loose when the pen is closed. The pen itself looks great, but I don't like the fit of the cap...It's just not my choice of style....

The fit of the snap is easily adjusted. You mite have to modify a philips screwdriver to get it to fit good. A medium philips and grind the end flat should work good then just screw down the plastic insert for a tighter fit or out for a loser fit.

penmaker1967

i use these kits myself i am happy witht he way they do i use a tol that i got from psi to adjust the nib i think it is called a nip adjuster is what it is called in the catalog

Top Bottom