Woodcraft Kits...are they all Berea?

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Status
Not open for further replies.

DKF

I know this has been addressed before....sorry for the repeat.... all Woodcraft kits come from Berea? I buy all my kits from CSUSA and AS, but may be hitting a Woodcraft later this week....I have heard that Woodcraft resells Berea and PSI....if so, can you tell the difference from the packaging? Thanks

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

its_virgil

As far as I know WC sells Berea kits....but not all platings. The kits are in the same baggies we get elsewhere but have a WC sticker over the other info. Their prices are not good at all, unless they are having a sale. The names are different...sierra is the wallstreet II, baron is the navigator, El Presindente is the Robusto and the El torro is the robusto jr...and others I can't remember since I don't purchase kits there.
Do a good turn daily!
Don
Originally posted by DKF
<br />I know this has been addressed before....sorry for the repeat.... all Woodcraft kits come from Berea? I buy all my kits from CSUSA and AS, but may be hitting a Woodcraft later this week....I have heard that Woodcraft resells Berea and PSI....if so, can you tell the difference from the packaging? Thanks

thewishman

Originally posted by its_virgil
<br />As far as I know WC sells Berea kits....but not all platings. The kits are in the same baggies we get elsewhere but have a WC sticker over the other info. Their prices are not good at all, unless they are having a sale. The names are different...sierra is the wallstreet II, baron is the navigator, El Presindente is the Robusto and the El torro is the robusto jr...and others I can't remember since I don't purchase kits there.
Do a good turn daily!
Don

And sometimes a cigar is just a cigar... [;)]

Chris

cdcarter

I'm sure there are lawyers involved in their decision to rename stuff, but it has to make it harder or them to sell. I like the Berea stuff and like to spend a little money now and then at Wood Craft, because if they don't make a living, they'll go away, and they're nice guys who've helped me a lot. Good resource to woodworkers in the local community.

But honestly, my local store has really let its pen display go to pot, and it's almost impossible to know what you're buying.

Originally posted by its_virgil
<br />As far as I know WC sells Berea kits....but not all platings. The kits are in the same baggies we get elsewhere but have a WC sticker over the other info. Their prices are not good at all, unless they are having a sale. The names are different...sierra is the wallstreet II, baron is the navigator, El Presindente is the Robusto and the El torro is the robusto jr...and others I can't remember since I don't purchase kits there.
Do a good turn daily!
Don
Originally posted by DKF
<br />I know this has been addressed before....sorry for the repeat.... all Woodcraft kits come from Berea? I buy all my kits from CSUSA and AS, but may be hitting a Woodcraft later this week....I have heard that Woodcraft resells Berea and PSI....if so, can you tell the difference from the packaging? Thanks

M

Mudder

I can only speak about the Woodcraft stores in Connecticut but the majority of the kits are from Berea. The Cigar kit seems to be an exception as I have seen two distinctly different twist mechanisms in the cigar's that I have purchased. Some seem to be of the style that Craft supplies sells and when I asked our friendly craft supplies representative almost 2 years ago he would neither confirm nor deny it. I used to buy the majority of my kits from Woodcraft but their prices and their latest price increase have pretty much priced them out of the market unless they are on sale.

Hope this helps.

epson

Can someone explain why people are quoting the original poster in those enclosed boxes? I know what the original poster wrote bedause I just read it. It seems it just makes the mesages longer to read.

GaryMGg

Jack,
Sometimes posts happen in-between responses and some folks (me, on occassion) want to make sure
their reply is read in context to a certain statement.
Some folks always quote, some quote and elide parts of it, some copy and paste, and some just
reference a user by name.
It's all good. [:D]
Gary

hrigg

According to my friendly local Woodcraft, their kits are almost exclusively Berea. I didn't ask for details about why or why not, I just assumed their decision was market driven.

DKF

Thanks for the replies....picked up a couple of platinum cigar kits today to hold me over until I place my next order with AS...they are Berea kits. Thanks again...

Jerryconn

Originally posted by tiedt
<br />I hate to be too ignorant, but being new to penturning, and turning in general, what stores are AS and CSUSA??? Thanks![:I]
AS=Arizona Silhouette
CSUSA=Craft Supplies USA
AS is a reseller of Berea Kits
CSUSA sells there own
Both have links on the homepage or in the links section

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom