Woodcraft Blank Titanium Princeton Dress in a Fred Wissen Blank

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from Band Saw Box

Band Saw Box

Passed Away Dec 8, 2021
In Memoriam
I picked up this kit a while back think it was a chrome Princeton since it was in the bin for that kit. I need a chrome for a custom order from a Co-worker. I been wondering what would look good with the plating. I picked the pure white Fred Wissen (Ptownsubbie) blank and I think it is a good paring. I got side tracked and glued up the wrong size tube thankfully I had enough to make up another one. I wet sanded the blank to 12000 mm and polished with Hut plastic polish. Fred makes some great blanks. I no longer that the pen...Evelyn claimed it as hers when I showed it to her...I loose more pens that way. Any and all C & C are welcome.

Attachments

• IMG_0007.jpg
    IMG_0007.jpg
    170.9 KB · Views: 194
  • IMG_0008.jpg
    IMG_0008.jpg
    161.6 KB · Views: 176
Last edited:
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

mark james

IAP Collection, Curator
Sometimes less is more. Very nice. I bet folks in medical offices (i.e.,white coats) would love these.

Sprung

Very nice work! I think solid color blanks like that really display the work and skill of the turner - there's no grain patterns in wood or swirls/changes in color in other materials to hide any imperfections. Great work!

I no longer that the pen...Evelyn claimed it as hers when I showed it to her...I loose more pens that way.

I lose more pens that way too! Thus far my wife has laid claim to over 10% of the pens I've made - and has a number of blanks lined up on my workbench for me to make into pens for her! Many of the best pens I've made are in her growing collection. Best person to make pens for or have lay claim to them though, isn't it. :wink:

Top Bottom