Woodchuck tool review

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Lenny

I'm reposting this with permission from the original poster on usenet, (rec.crafts.woodturning) Mac Davis.

Mac wrote:
I got the Woodchuck "Bowl-Pro" tool and I'm lovin' it..
Anyone that is considering the EX Rougher should go for Woodchuck tools by Ken Ferrel..
http://www.woodchuck-tools.com/
The price on the tool was $65, which included 2 different size/radius carbide cutters.. Half the price of the EZ and the same tool..
I bought it to rough irregular ironwood blanks but in playing with it, I was
even doing beads and curves with ease..
Used level like a scraper, you can hog out huge amounts of wood but I feel it really shines on light cuts.. Nice smooth cut, very little force on the tool rest and NO force or vibration on your hands..
Inserts are inexpensive, especially compared to the hunter type cutters...
I exchanged a few emails with Ken before ordering one and he was very helpful and informative.. He not only explained what the tool could do, but what it can't..
I hate buying a tool that I think is going to solve a problem and doesn't do
what I thought it would..
Anyway, I'm impressed with the tool and Ken's customer service...
I had problems and questions after receiving the tool, and got excellent help on a one-on-one basis, not on the corporate level..
Shipping was about 8 bucks and he provides a tracking number..

mac

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

bitshird

Wow they like me; I feel just like Sally Fields at the Oscars :biggrin::biggrin: Thanks Lenny, I do try and provide the very best service I can, Mac is a nice guy to do business with, his work on Ironwood is amazing,

mtgrizzly52

Ken I have already written up one praise for the tool I got from you, and I just want to say I love it....it is all I use on my pens now and it is an amazing tool. I would buy another in a heart beat, and will be doing that very thing in the near future.

Thanks for putting together a fine quality precision tool to help out the great penturners and the ones like me who do the best we can with what we have! *LOL*

Rick (mtgrizzly52)

Wheaties

Ken I have already written up one praise for the tool I got from you, and I just want to say I love it....it is all I use on my pens now and it is an amazing tool. I would buy another in a heart beat, and will be doing that very thing in the near future.

Thanks for putting together a fine quality precision tool to help out the great penturners and the ones like me who do the best we can with what we have! *LOL*

Rick (mtgrizzly52)

+ 1

Lenny

Wow they like me; I feel just like Sally Fields at the Oscars :biggrin::biggrin: Thanks Lenny, I do try and provide the very best service I can, Mac is a nice guy to do business with, his work on Ironwood is amazing,

Yeah, Mac is a good guy! He (and others there) have given me good advice over the last few years. When I read his post asking about this type turning tool I tried to find the info to post a reply but someone else beat me to it! No doubt another satisfied customer. :)

It's always good for business when people are mentioning your name .... even better when they are saying GOOD things! :biggrin:

drGeek

Ken, your service is quick, friendly, and shipping is fast! I just got the woodchuck pen pro and I love it. Your quality is excellent and your prices are great.
Thanks again,
jeff

Gary Zakian

After reading the great reviews I am ready to order one. Does anyone have the e-mail (public or PM)? I tried e-mailing through their web site contacts button, but it came back as undeliverable.

Thanks.

Gary Zakian

Top Bottom