Wood ???

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

jttheclockman

I did not want to muddy up the thread going on about the Pith pens so I thought i would ask it here. I saw on post #48, JSolie showed his pens from Jason(Argo13) and in the back ground there was a pen blank marked Red Morrel. I have not seen this wood. I have and at times use Red Mallee. These woods looked similar. Has anyone used either of the woods or both and do you have any photos for comparison??? Does anyone sell Red Morrell in larger sizes other than pen blanks?? Thanks in advance.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

PenPal

In google look up images of Red Morrell Burl about a hundred plus so many other burls. Eucalyptus Longicornus. Let your fingers do the walking.

Regards Peter.

magpens

John,

Red Morrell is a fairly common Aussie wood (as noted by PenPal above);
you occasionally see it on Ebay.

One seller I have bought from is ExoticHawaiianWoodworks. Sorry I don't have any pics. You might want to email them.

Last edited:

jttheclockman

John,

Red Morrell is a fairly common Aussie wood (as noted by PenPal above);
you occasionally see it on Ebay.

One seller I have bought from is ExoticHawaiianWoodworks. Sorry I don't have any pics. You might want to email them.

Thanks Mal I bookmarked him. he did not have what I was looking for.

I do know there are thousand of species of woods throughout the world but I saw this one from that photo and it caught my eye and got to wondering if it was as close to Red mallee which I use. no problem. Thanks guys.

I guess we can safely say they are pretty darn close to the same thing.

http://www.ce-pens.com.au/images/pen_6.jpg

http://www.garrettmusicproducts.com/Images/ElGrande.jpg

Last edited:
Top Bottom